Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    David Long (R-Fort Wayne) leads the charge for a U.S. Constitutional Convention. As if the current slime in Washington D.C. produce improvements over the original constitution. Nothing good can come from this.

He's the same guy who wants to "decide what is constitutional" and opposes state nullification of Obamacare.

Ind. Senate calls for U.S. constitutional convention

That's why he doing it. It's a Trojan Horse to give cover to RINOs and take out the pesky parts of the Constitution.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I don't think you have much to worry about. No way 38 state legislatures will approve of the convention.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I like the idea of LIMITING the interstate commerce clause.

Do you expect any Constitutional Convention to actually improve the Constitution? I sure don't. It's political cover to take out the parts that limit government power.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, this is - at best - a "be careful what you wish for" moment. Let's just say, by some miracle, a new constitutional convention is convened. ALL the states, not just the ones we like, would send representatives.

Do you really think California and New York will share "our" ideas on constitutional values?

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    Do you expect any Constitutional Convention to actually improve the Constitution? I sure don't. It's political cover to take out the parts that limit government power.

A constitutional convention would be the worst idea in 223 years. There is NO WAY that the current group of "scholars" and "lawmakers" is superior to the Founding Fathers.

Do you think any recent president would step down voluntarily after 2 terms? Neither do I!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There's a process for AMENDING the Constitution. It's been done many times.

So, why have a con con when we can simply AMEND the Constitution?

The whole con con thing makes me nervous. Opens the door up for anything. And, it simply smells fishy.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    There's a process for AMENDING the Constitution. It's been done many times.

So, why have a con con when we can simply AMEND the Constitution?

The whole con con thing makes me nervous. Opens the door up for anything. And, it simply smells fishy.

This is one of the ways to amend it as stated in the Constitution. We've only ever used the second way. It doesn't make this way any less legitimate.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yeah, this is - at best - a "be careful what you wish for" moment. Let's just say, by some miracle, a new constitutional convention is convened. ALL the states, not just the ones we like, would send representatives.

Do you really think California and New York will share "our" ideas on constitutional values?

A constitutional convention would be the worst idea in 223 years. There is NO WAY that the current group of "scholars" and "lawmakers" is superior to the Founding Fathers.

Do you think any recent president would step down voluntarily after 2 terms? Neither do I!

Guys, pretty much sums up my thoughts.

We've given up abiding by the original intent of the constitution already. A convention would be a waste of time and would produce a revised document that would likely be ignored by whomever would have the most votes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How many states would send "dependable" small government delegates? I would be afraid of that answer.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is a door we don't need opened. You think things are bad now wait till they get their hands on the 2nd Amendment and finally do it in. I see my local "representative" voted Yea. Figures he would. He's as big a tool as Long is. Here's hoping no other states sign on for this travesty.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Senate Minority Leader Tim Lanane, D-Anderson, said he found it ironic that the Senate was genuflecting for states’ rights on the same day that it honored the 150th anniversary of President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation.

LOL...

Top Bottom