Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bulle

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.
    Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.
    The new DHS sanctioned ‘Street Sweeper’ (my own slang due to the gun ports) is built by Navistar Defense (NavistarDefense.com), a division within the Navistar organization. Under the Navistar umbrella are several other companies including International Trucks, IC Bus (they make school buses), Monaco RV (recreational vehicles), WorkHorse (they make chassis), MaxxForce (diesel engines), and Navistar Financial (the money arm of the company).
    Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

You should all feel much safer now. :patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    599190_10151459957723189_1856514943_n.png

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Many high up in our government know how badly the economy is screwed, and what's sure to come in the future because of it. They are gearing up for the inevitable.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    These are NOT for the police.

These armored personnel vehicles are for use by Homeland Security. Since we do not face the threat of invasion by foreign forces then one can only conclude that these vehicles and the billions in hollow point ammo are meant for use against US citizens.

We'll be classified as enemy combatants and our droned remains will be scooped up by Homeland Security agents riding around in armored vehicles armed with high capacity magazines that hold 12,000 rounds of hollow point 40cal each.

You know, to keep us safe!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.
    Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.
    The new DHS sanctioned ‘Street Sweeper’ (my own slang due to the gun ports) is built by Navistar Defense (NavistarDefense.com), a division within the Navistar organization. Under the Navistar umbrella are several other companies including International Trucks, IC Bus (they make school buses), Monaco RV (recreational vehicles), WorkHorse (they make chassis), MaxxForce (diesel engines), and Navistar Financial (the money arm of the company).
    Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

You should all feel much safer now. :patriot:

The 1.6 Billion bullets that wasn't? May wanna research that number. It seems someone that reported that didn't know how to add.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    The tanks weigh 38,500 pounds and have a 3,600 lb carrying capacity. It also has 4 mirrors.

Yes, you would think this would be front page news, BUT. Consider this. Most all network news comes from the AP which is owned by Reuters which is owned by the Rothschilds. They own everything and have for 100's of years.

GBN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Brown County
    The only MRAP type vehicle that I've seen take an IED blast very well are the route clearance vehicles (RG-31, Husky, Buffalo). MaxxPros, M-ATVs, and the such don't have a good enough v-hull on them to effectively deflect a blast. I've seen both of the latter fly through the air, or be severely damaged after being hit by a modestly sized IED. These DHS vehicles seem to be a modified version of the RG-33, which is also somewhat used by RCP elements, but not to the extent of the three I mentioned earlier.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    These are NOT for the police.

You're right. They are for the Marines.

As I posted in the other thread:

Defense.gov: Contracts for Monday, January 09, 2012

Navistar Defense, L.L.C., Warrenville, Ill., is being awarded an $879,923,195 firm-fixed-priced delivery order 0023 under previously awarded contract (M67854-07-D-5032) for the procurement of 2,717 units of rolling chassis; 10 engineering change proposals; and 25 contract data requirements lists, for MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. Work will be performed in West Point, Miss., and is expected to be completed by the end of October 2013. Procurement funds in the amount of $879,923,195 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The original contract was competitively procured. The Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    We hit a double stacked AT mine IED and the RG-33 took it like a champ. I watched the 400lb hood fly 70+ yards and the whole front end got lifted off the ground pretty well.

No injuries other than bumps and bruises, possible concussion. After that we put the rollers and a trip wire catch on our lead truck and didn't have any issues.

The only MRAP type vehicle that I've seen take an IED blast very well are the route clearance vehicles (RG-31, Husky, Buffalo). MaxxPros, M-ATVs, and the such don't have a good enough v-hull on them to effectively deflect a blast. I've seen both of the latter fly through the air, or be severely damaged after being hit by a modestly sized IED. These DHS vehicles seem to be a modified version of the RG-33, which is also somewhat used by RCP elements, but not to the extent of the three I mentioned earlier.

Top Bottom