• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would suggest you read your own sig line.

I'm not saying what they're saying here is wrong, but they(CNN) often are.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I would suggest you read your own sig line.

I'm not saying what they're saying here is wrong, but they(CNN) often are.

Wow. Talk about prejudgmental. I'll at least wait to see it before forming an opinion. May I ask where you recommend getting information you can trust about our overall healthcare system?

abigbadzebra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Richmond
    I don't watch CNN for news, but this film seems to cover some things I'd like to learn more about. Over medication, outrageous costs, people trying different things (like incentivizing healthier lifestyles) to solve these problems. Our current system doesn't work. Obamacare doesn't address these things. I'll record it, and ignore the music :)

Can't find it on the DVR. What time is it on?

Last edited:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Without seeing it or planning to watch it, I would put a guess down that it will generally go in the direction of our current system being profit driven compared to results.

It probably also compare our system to others around the world where health care has been nationalized and show how everyone can go see a Dr. whenever they need to.

They will not show you underpaid, overworked Dr.'s that result from a system where people can go whenever they want. Will not show sub-par performance because there is no financial incentive to be the best in your industry.

Is our system the best, um, no it is not. Is it the worst, um, no it is not.
    It could be better but I am not sure how, or how we would go about changing it to make it better.
    I am definitely open to suggestions though.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Without seeing it or planning to watch it, I would put a guess down that it will generally go in the direction of our current system being profit driven compared to results.

It probably also compare our system to others around the world where health care has been nationalized and show how everyone can go see a Dr. whenever they need to.

They will not show you underpaid, overworked Dr.'s that result from a system where people can go whenever they want. Will not show sub-par performance because there is no financial incentive to be the best in your industry.

Is our system the best, um, no it is not. Is it the worst, um, no it is not.
    It could be better but I am not sure how, or how we would go about changing it to make it better.
    I am definitely open to suggestions though.

:wow:

I haven't seen it, and I won't watch it, but I want to contribute to this thread and give my uninformed opinion.

Actually, in a nutshell, it is an expose on how the healthcare industry in this country has morphed from the "Do No Harm" model to "Maximize Profits" model.

Patient advocacy that at one time shaped all decisions in treatment and medical advancements has been replaced with sacrosanct scientific method and for what? The treatment of symptoms rather than curing disease.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    :wow:

I haven't seen it, and I won't watch it, but I want to contribute to this thread and give my uninformed opinion.

Actually, in a nutshell, it is an expose on how the healthcare industry in this country has morphed from the "Do No Harm" model to "Maximize Profits" model.

Patient advocacy that at one time shaped all decisions in treatment and medical advancements has been replaced with sacrosanct scientific method and for what? The treatment of symptoms rather than curing disease.

So, if you go back and read what I posted, I was nearly right on.
    Referring to the part where I wrote that the health care industry in this country is not about results, it is about profit. Matches kind of close with your claim of Maximize profits, treat the symptoms not cure the disease, etc.

I have seen and read pretty far into the health care industry in this country, and other countries. Another documentary or journal article is not going to yield much for me until there is something new going on.

Top Bottom