Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    100,000 armed Homeland Security agents are each getting 900 rounds of subsidized ammunition every year. This is all still a big deal.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Why is that a big deal? We wouldn't expect them to buy their own ammo.

Not to mention, that it is 900 rounds of all kinds of ammo (according to the article math); hangun, carbine, shotgun, etc.

It's not all that much. It's barely adequate when training is included.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    100,000 armed Homeland Security agents are each getting 900 rounds of subsidized ammunition every year. This is all still a big deal.

I put more than 900 rounds of ammunition down range at Eagle Creek last weekend I was down there.

900 rounds is a little light on a 3 day pistol class.

There are 200K DHS with all the different departments. Some, USSS/ICE/GMs in the USCG will shoot a bunch, many times 900.

Some throughout DHS, e.g. those around the flagpole, may go every 6 months and shoot maybe 100 rounds.

The hysteria in the gun culture is wasted motion, makes us look like panicked rubes and distracts us from the real outrages of .gov.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    There has been much of running around the conference room table over the DHS ordering pistol ammunition lately here at INGO and across cyberspace.

It really is not what it has been deemed. While it is right to fear the government, ordering ammo for Agent Schmuckatelli and GM3 Washington is now reason to go full Wookie.

Homeland Security’s Ammunition Purchases Should Not Worry You | Military Times GearScout

Appreciate someone being the voice of reason, for a change.

Warning:
    IMPROPER USE OF QUOTES CAN BE MISLEADING.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Alright fine, maybe I believe that the ammo purchase was nothing... sinister. But can someone explain to me why the DHS needs these massive 50 cal bulletproof, mine proof tanks of a vehicle?!?!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    obama-u-mad-bro.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The hysteria in the gun culture is wasted motion, makes us look like panicked rubes and distracts us from the real outrages of .gov.

I don't make excuses our gigantic, overfunded, militarized executive branch. Its a problem, and its getting bigger.

Why is that a big deal? We wouldn't expect them to buy their own ammo.

I would.

Other professionals pay for their own schooling, their own equipment, their own certifications, their own training.

A professional auto mechanic often has $10,000 - $20,000 in personally owned tools.

Poor DHS agents can't pay for their own ammo?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Alright fine, maybe I believe that the ammo purchase was nothing... sinister. But can someone explain to me why the DHS needs these massive 50 cal bulletproof, mine proof tanks of a vehicle?!?!

Because they won't have enough bullets to defend themselves from the crazed hillbillies now stocking up on .22LR? :dunno:

I would.

Other professionals pay for their own schooling, their own equipment, their own certifications, their own training.

Like police and the military? How much does a TOW missile cost these days?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    It IS a big deal to me... because thanks in part to the government it's even harder to find ammo at a decent price. They're as bad as the hoarders at this point! Can't we all just get along and share?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just because they take in a few other agencies doesn't take away the fact that they're practically the poster boy of everything wrong with the country now.

And with that, I don't believe any amount of militarization is acceptable.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I put more than 900 rounds of ammunition down range at Eagle Creek last weekend I was down there.

There are 200K DHS with all the different departments. Some, USSS/ICE/GMs in the USCG will shoot a bunch, many times 900.

Some throughout DHS, e.g. those around the flagpole, may go every 6 months and shoot maybe 100 rounds.

If there are 200K federal agents running around we are in worse shape than I thought. Perhaps there are this many employed by all of DHS to include admin and support personnel but I would hope the number of actual gun carrying agents is much smaller than this (including those in the coast guard).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

Werent ICE and maybe a couple other agencies told NOT to fire back if shot at? I seem to recal an article saying that anyway.

Top Bottom