Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I like this line:

Here is the irony: We are vulnerable, because we are free and strong. These qualities attract the ire of those who would have us shackled and weak, who are consumed by hatred for individual possibilities, rather than love for what a free person can dream about and strive for and accomplish.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I really like this docs thinking. I've read other articles he's written and man I tell ya, it's relieving to read them and realize, hey, I am normal.:)

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    This is a great article, Ablow is right on it. I'm sorry, but this is the world we live in. I spent a few years dealing with IED's, and I will definitely not give up my Liberty for security. We need the mindset that we can depend on our fellow neighbors and citizens for security just as it was when this nation was expanding, and not depend on .gov for security. I hate to be cold, but maybe this will bring us back into that mindset. Nothing can stop a determined insurgent. I was sitting in class with my computer showing me a live feed of the bombing, and all I could think of was Sadr City, and how much blood I saw there. We could put a squad of Grunts on every street corner and incidents such as this will still happen. It is just something that we are going to have to deal with, the problem is getting the sheep in this nation to open their eyes and take responsibility for their everyday actions.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom