• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    This was going to be the title of the NY Times Headline article the day of the bombing in Boston.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/w...partisan-review-concludes.html?pagewanted=all

But instead had the 'Boston Marathon Massacre' take it's place.

In this article it explains...
    "While the Constitution Project report covers mainly the Bush years, it is critical of some Obama administration policies, especially what it calls excessive secrecy. It says that keeping the details of rendition and torture from the public “cannot continue to be justified on the basis of national security” and urges the administration to stop citing state secrets to block lawsuits by former detainees."

Basically an "INDICTMENT of Bush Jr/Obama/CIA/US Military “Torture of 9/11 Prisoners” at GITMO—FINALLY CONFIRMED as a “WAR CRIME”– Equivalent to Prosecuted Nazi War Crimes and the Torture/ Internship Of Japanese Americans During WWII." - DR. STEVE PIECZENIK

OBAMA-BUSH-CLINTON AND MORE INDICTED FOR WAR CRIMES–DR. STEVE PIECZENIK | Planet Infowars

I wonder if this would be reason enough for another false flag event.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    War is a terrible thing. We cannot possibly know the horrors unless we have been there.

Someone sitting at a keyboard in a safe, well lit, air conditioned office, will never be able to comprehend what goes on in war. If an enemy has every fibre of their heart, mind and soul, bent on your destruction, you cannot be nice and intellectually tricky like the interrogation room scene on last nights re run of NCIS.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Let's not excuse war crimes... (whether necessary or not)

War crimes are war crimes... The Taliban has committed them and so have we. Whether a necessary evil of war or not... I don't see how anyone could condemn one side for committing acts and excuse the other?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    IMO weatherboarding terrorists not the same thing as cutting off heads of journalists and medical personnel. What people define as torture now is pretty nebulous. Pretty much anything someone complains about is written up as cruel and unusual or torture. Not saying the gov didn't step over the line here and there but I think the gross majority of these cases are BS propaganda.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Someone sitting at a keyboard in a safe, well lit, air conditioned office, will never be able to comprehend what goes on in war. If an enemy has every fibre of their heart, mind and soul, bent on your destruction, you cannot be nice and intellectually tricky like the interrogation room scene on last nights re run of NCIS.

There were some good reruns on last night. I am still waiting to see the episode when Gibbs figures out that the lawyer, agent Lee, is the spy. Has anyone seen it? Does it exist? Waiting to see it is torture if you ask me.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I stand by the fact that torture does not work. If done to the point of suffering, the subject will tell you ANYTHING to make it stop. I don't know much other than my boss was Col. "Nick" Rowe who was in a cage in Vietnam for 5 1/2 years before he ESCAPED and taught what he knew.

Bob

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    IMO weatherboarding terrorists not the same thing as cutting off heads of journalists and medical personnel. What people define as torture now is pretty nebulous. Pretty much anything someone complains about is written up as cruel and unusual or torture. Not saying the gov didn't step over the line here and there but I think the gross majority of these cases are BS propaganda.

I don't disagree with you at all... Leo made a comment about keyboard warriors judging American soldiers in country.

I think we all recognize that war isn't pretty... but there were instances where soldiers went rogue and committed war crimes that were pretty despicable including rape and murder.

I understand that stress can play havoc on one's behavior... but that doesn't mean its excusable.

I'd agree that the whole waterboarding thing is a waste of focus, but will also point out that GITMO houses a lot of people that don't deserve to be there as well.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The point that I'm asking for input on is whether or not, Obama being indicted on War Crimes as the TOP Front Page Headline Article of the NY Times would be grounds for a False Flag Terror plot being acted out on the American People?
    It literally downgraded the main headline "U.S. Engaged in Torture After 9/11, Review Concludes" to a back of the news paper.
    Is anyone out there talking about this?
    Or is this not important to anyone now that American lives have been lost in a seemingly convenient bombing in which people are running around being asked "not to panic, it's just a drill."

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    If you haven't been there, shut the **** up. I refuse to even try and explain myself or anyone else to the rest of the clueless world. SERE training was worse than what most of those bastards got.That's all I'm going to say about this. This wasn't necessarily pointed at anyone here, but that is my blanket statement.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    If you haven't been there, shut the **** up. I refuse to even try and explain myself or anyone else to the rest of the clueless world. SERE training was worse than what most of those bastards got.That's all I'm going to say about this. This wasn't necessarily pointed at anyone here, but that is my blanket statement.

I believe that we're pretty much all missing the point here.

It's not about the torture, it's about being indicted for war crimes.

Is this an issue to anyone out here or are we to go about our business?

Helpe me out Rambone!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    And opinions are like rear orifices- everybodies got one and most of them stink....but, you do have a right to express yours whether others agree or not. Nothing to get too worked up about. It is ONLY the interweb;)

Bob

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes, the people who engaged in torturing prisoners should be indicted for war crimes, as should their bosses who ordered them to do it. If it goes as high as the Oval Orifice then that person, too should be indicted and stand trial. Either we are a nation of laws or we are not. You cannot have it both ways. Obama should have investigated the hell out of the situation and had the relevant people arrested. I really don't want to hear the *****ing and moaning that will come around when supporters of American torturers are confronted with American troops being tortured by an enemy.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Another interesting/sad point that is largely forgotten is that torture has been something that has been used by our government since JF Kennedy (still a senator at the time i believe) went to latin america and took the practices used there for us to use. The amount used under each president since then is yet to be seen...
    To what the OP is talking about though, it is interesting that it happened on that day. Not to mention that some senators are also using the bombing to justify CISPA which is also taking place (today i think). (Congressman evokes Boston bombings as reason to pass CISPA ? RT USA) But yeah, while i wont wear my tin foil yet, it is interesting that this took place during all of this... but again, if it was a terrorist attack, it does fit the practice of doing an attack where lots of people are gathering.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If people want to torture, they need to be honest about their position and admit that they don't support the Bill of Rights. Step out and call for the repeal of the 8th Amendment. Either we hold the government to what the constitution says, or we succumb to emotional arguments about how the ends-justify-the-means in breaking the constitution.

Amendment VIII. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
    Personally I don't consent to this government torturing for any reason. If you let the government abuse people at will, don't be surprised when the time comes for you to be abused.

The War on Terror is coming quickly to the homeland. All of these powers that have been absorbed during the last 10 years are soon going to be used on American citizens. Don't be naive enough to believe that only foreign turban-wearing terrorists will be on the receiving end of these powers. It was always designed for us.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    First off, it's an article by the New York Times, which is already KNOWN to be a far-left whackjob newspaper.

Second, the Constitution Project was founded by, and the majority of it's Board are also left to far-left folks. So, their motivation and agenda should be seriously questioned.

Third, our troops are ALREADY being, and have been in the past, consistently murdered and butchered in the past. So called 'waterboarding' is not the same as sawing off someone's head. Anyone believing so does not comprehend, even on the most base level, what torture IS. Any comparison whatsoever is nothing less than sheer stupidity spewed by those suffering from moronicity (coined by me).

Fourth, calling for Bush OR Obama to be 'charged with war crimes' is fine with me in concept, as soon as YOU capture, charge, and bring to justice the terrorists that we have no doubt commit war crimes. Until that time, until YOU take the action necessary to capture the known terrorists, Bush and Obama are way down the line. So far down the line, it's a non-issue.

Fifth, terrorists are not permitted the benefit of the protections of the U.S. Constitution NOR of the 4th Geneva Convention nor is there any wording that allows them such privilege. They are rogues, outlaws, and eschew the very tenets, concepts, ideals, and spirit of both documents, and do not hesitate them at every opportunity. Therefore, they do NOT get to claim protection under them.

Sixth, EVERY incarcerate at GITMO is there because they CHOSE the fight, and it is now indisputably well established that if released, will immediately return to the battle front to perpetrate more harm on American troops and / or citizens. Therefore, they should remain incarcerated until every last vestige of terrorism perpetrated against the U.S., U.S. Troops and U.S. citizens has been eliminated. That does NOT mean it's a 'life sentence'. They can persuade their cohorts still at large to cease and desist. UNTIL they do, and those cohorts permanently lay down their arms, those at GITMO should remain under lock and key. AND, any more that we can grab, as well.

Seventh, if forced to choose between protecting and/or saving the life of U.S. troops or citizens versus some spurious claim of 'torture' by the terrorist or the clueless, personally I'll pick protecting our own every single time.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    First off, it's an article by the New York Times, which is already KNOWN to be a far-left whackjob newspaper.

Second, the Constitution Project was founded by, and the majority of it's Board are also left to far-left folks. So, their motivation and agenda should be seriously questioned.

Third, our troops are ALREADY being, and have been in the past, consistently murdered and butchered in the past. So called 'waterboarding' is not the same as sawing off someone's head. Anyone believing so does not comprehend, even on the most base level, what torture IS. Any comparison whatsoever is nothing less than sheer stupidity spewed by those suffering from moronicity (coined by me).

Fourth, calling for Bush OR Obama to be 'charged with war crimes' is fine with me in concept, as soon as YOU capture, charge, and bring to justice the terrorists that we have no doubt commit war crimes. Until that time, until YOU take the action necessary to capture the known terrorists, Bush and Obama are way down the line. So far down the line, it's a non-issue.

Fifth, terrorists are not permitted the benefit of the protections of the U.S. Constitution NOR of the 4th Geneva Convention nor is there any wording that allows them such privilege. They are rogues, outlaws, and eschew the very tenets, concepts, ideals, and spirit of both documents, and do not hesitate them at every opportunity. Therefore, they do NOT get to claim protection under them.

Sixth, EVERY incarcerate at GITMO is there because they CHOSE the fight, and it is now indisputably well established that if released, will immediately return to the battle front to perpetrate more harm on American troops and / or citizens. Therefore, they should remain incarcerated until every last vestige of terrorism perpetrated against the U.S., U.S. Troops and U.S. citizens has been eliminated. That does NOT mean it's a 'life sentence'. They can persuade their cohorts still at large to cease and desist. UNTIL they do, and those cohorts permanently lay down their arms, those at GITMO should remain under lock and key. AND, any more that we can grab, as well.

Seventh, if forced to choose between protecting and/or saving the life of U.S. troops or citizens versus some spurious claim of 'torture' by the terrorist or the clueless, personally I'll pick protecting our own every single time.

It's like the Patriot Act, and NDAA, + all other overstepping laws that we've had written "for our defence"... against the seemingly everywhere - (American people AKA potential Terrorists) written to strenghten and Monopolize Power in an overgrown Government Control and Military Industrial Complex.
    The defenition of Terrorism is so overly vague that ANYONE who voices an opinion (let alone about the Founding Fathers or our Soverign Rights) as being a potential Terrorist.

Is this new?! No. The sheeple will soon get a history lesson taught to them by the tryanny that the Founding Fathers preached against.

Top Bottom