• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wife visits doctor, husband's guns confiscated by police. No judge, no jury, no appeal. This is what happens when you let the government invent a list of "prohibited persons" who will no longer have inalienable rights.

Guns of Law-Abiding Husband Confiscated After Wife’s Single Voluntary Mental Health Visit
    Just last week, the California Senate approved a $24 million funding bill to expedite the process of collecting guns from owners in the state who legally acquired them but have since become disqualified due to felony convictions or mental illness.

Such was recently the case for one woman, who had been in the hospital voluntarily for mental illness last year that she says was due to medication she was taking. Lynette Phillips of Upland, Calif., told TheBlaze in a phone interview Monday she had purchased a gun years ago for her husband, David, as a present. That gun, as well as two others registered to her law-abiding husband (who does not have a history of felonies or mental illness), were seized last Tuesday.

“My husband is upset that they took the right from us that should never have been taken, Phillips told TheBlaze.

But according to the state of California, that doesn’t matter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is what happens when you let the government invent a list of "prohibited persons" who will no longer have inalienable rights.

This is what happens when you believe the lie that registration "doesn't mean anybody will try to take your guns". There is NO OTHER REASON.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I cringe when supposedly pro-gun voices say that "we just need to keep enforcing existing laws," and "we need to do something about the mentally ill." Here is the state solution.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    California is so deep into the abyss it would seem hopeless. The land of the fascists and dictatorship, to hell with the United States Constitution. If you stand up for your rights in the police state of CA, the cops simply beat you to death and move on to the next victim, give them the slightest reason and they break in and steal your guns at gunpoint. I am so glad I didn't move to CA when I was considering it some years ago. Scratch another state off the list of places I plan to ever visit again. I wonder when the people of CA will stand up and take their freedom back. If the Californians I have met are any good indication, it's not going to happen any time soon.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sue the doctor for violating het HIPPA rights, plain and simple.

In certain situations, such as evidence of possible child molestation or other various crimes, a medical professional is required by law to alert the authorities. If they do not, they can be held liable. It's also up to the judgement of the medical professional. If you tell your psychiatrist you are using illegal drugs, they are not going to report you. If you tell your psychiatrist that you're using illegal drugs and kill people, you're going to be in trouble.

Top Bottom