0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I have defended immigrants before (recently in the various Muslim thread), but I despise when they try to make our country conform to their desires. I have no problem with you coming here, but in making the choice to immigrate, you declare your intention of assimilation into our culture. You came to America to be American, not change America to wherever you came from. If your previous country was so great move back. Don't insult our constitution, don't insult our people, don't insult our way of life. You can keep your religion, your holidays, and your heritage, but you will play by our laws, our freedoms, our customs, and for God's sake you will learn English. There's no problem in taking pride in your cultural roots, but there's a huge problem in not taking pride in living in the United States.

I support legal immigration. I also support the necessity of those immigrants to adopt the American way of life.

/rant off :ranton:

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    "In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Gunner

Top Bottom