• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Isn't there a federal law that your allowed to have your firearms if your passing through the state and their locked in cases?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isn't there a federal law that your allowed to have your firearms if your passing through the state and their locked in cases?

The article describes cases where NY is the destination, not just passing through.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Exactly why NY and places like it will never see one dollar from this boy. Don't go there, don't buy anything from there.

I'm the same way about Illinois. Every fall when I head west to hunt I gas up before hitting the state line, lock everything away, set the cruise control for at least 2 miles under the speed limit and don't stop until I'm out of the state. Couple years ago we were returning from Arkansas and the wife was driving - she had her finger on the cruise coast button coasting down to 65. When she hit the state line an Illinois state trooper lit her up for two miles over and wrote her a ticket. Nice.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The guns are legally owned

There were 42 arrests for gun possession

Some charges of criminal possession of a weapon bring minimum sentences of three and a half years in prison.

the defendant is allowed to plead guilty to a far lesser charge, a violation, and pay a fine.

There is one thing the defendants do not get back: their guns. Those are confiscated and destroyed
    Ouch.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yep been there done that. Not going back.
    Saw the 911 Memorial (with airport like security screenings) and walked by the OWS protest.

To quote the NYT article:
    Trouble arrives upon their return to La Guardia Airport or Kennedy Airport to fly home. The visitors repeat the procedure practiced at their home airport, presenting the firearm to a gate agent to be checked. Only this time, the gate agent calls police officers from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which oversees the airports. The gun owners are then placed under arrest.
    Source cited

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Geez, I'm there about every other year. I love the city, wife still has family there. Outside of the Caribbean, it's our favorite destination. Lots of great places to visit, sights to see. Liberty Island/Ellis Island (must see), saw the Rockettes perform their Christmas Special at Radio City Music Hall (fantastic). The Art Deco at 30 Rockefeller Plaza is breath taking. I have yet to have better Chinese food than I found in Chinatown.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom