• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    CHICAGO, IL -- To honor the Chicago Blackhawks for their 2013 Stanley Cup championship, hockey fans will be subjected to warrantless searches in order to view the victory parade. This appears to be the new normal for Americans as they attend large public events.

Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy says that police checkpoints will be set on public streets up and pedestrians will be searched at their discretion. Anyone carrying a bag will have their rights considered forfeit. There will be a large police presence as well as police dogs sniffing the crowd.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said that he wants to use his handling of the 2012 NATO summit as a model for security. "The way we handled, as a city and particularly our police department, NATO has become the blueprint and the template around the world, literally, how you handle public safety in big events," Emanuel said.

CPD has also had two in-depth briefings with Boston Police, regarding methods of violating the 4th Amendment on large scales.

VIDEO:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbc8cCdExo

Security will be tight at Chicago Blackhawks rally

CHICAGO-1-articleLarge.jpg

A bag search being performed during the Chicago NATO summit.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How do you enslave a wild horse?
    Build one section of fence at a time leave feeding him.

People allowed and are 'ok' with airport checkpoints
    People now allow checking during big events.

So who is worse? BB that does this or the people who allow it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How do you enslave a wild horse?
    Build one section of fence at a time leave feeding him.

People allowed and are 'ok' with airport checkpoints
    People now allow checking during big events.

So who is worse? BB that does this or the people who allow it.

I would consider it an ethically and morally incestuous relationship in which both groups are equally necessary to trash the republic.

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    So the tax-payer-funded 'public' streets are not property of the people?

[Genuine question, I really don't know - never thought about it or looked into it before.]

Parks are paid for by taxes yet property of the local municipality. And I have no problem with this as long as they are announcing beforehand that they will be doing the searches. If you don't want violated you just don't go.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Parks are paid for by taxes yet property of the local municipality. And I have no problem with this as long as they are announcing beforehand that they will be doing the searches. If you don't want violated you just don't go.

How does one make a defensible argument that such a location can be treated as private property?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

So, as long as they announced it in advance, you'd be okay with bag and car inspections on the street outside your home?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Chicago PD with a thug for a chief. The guy disgusts me to no end!!! It makes me mad just looking at a photo of him.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'm going to the rally tomorrow and will keep an eye out for any violations, sharing them with you upon return.

Top Bottom