12   0   0

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ex-Bush Official: Many at Guantanamo Bay Are Innocent | Fox News

Many detainees locked up at Guantanamo were innocent men swept up by U.S. forces unable to distinguish enemies from noncombatants, a former Bush administration official said Thursday.

"There are still innocent people there," Lawrence B. Wilkerson, a Republican who was chief of staff to then-Secretary of State Colin Powell, told The Associated Press. "Some have been there six or seven years."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't know if it's true or not but I heard there were alot of inncoent people in the twin towers on 9/11...Many of them were just going to work..I guess they just got caught up in a sweep as well..It was probably hard to tell the innocent from the guilty when your flying a jet liner into a building..

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    You can't trust the rapper. He's got an agenda, he's hamming it up for the effect. That or he's a sissy. If someone is telling me how unfair they think something is and then "portrays" it for you, chances are good they are going to embellish it.

Rambone: this thread is not about whether people in Gitmo belong in Gitmo. It's not about their hunger strike even, as much as it is about the potential twisting of the experience to push an agenda. I've seen many people go through more invasive medical procedures with more grace than this "entertainer".

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I guess I've never understood the point of a hunger strike. If you don't want to eat then I don't give a damn.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I guess I've never understood the point of a hunger strike. If you don't want to eat then I don't give a damn.
    Exactly. These guys are in prison for terrorism, and if convicted will probably get a death penalty anyways. If they want to off themselves who gives a rat's rear?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I don't know if it's true or not but I heard there were alot of inncoent people in the twin towers on 9/11...Many of them were just going to work..I guess they just got caught up in a sweep as well..It was probably hard to tell the innocent from the guilty when your flying a jet liner into a building..

What did the people locked up have to do with 9/11?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

thats not a good reason to detain innocent people.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Yeah... Bush has a habit of sweeping up innocent people... Even his own!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They need to determine the guilt or innocence of these detainees. This is the United States of America for gods sake and if the govt has imprisoned innocent foreign citizens and know about it then we all should be outraged and demand the end to this!
    i distrust my govt more and more everyday. All they do is lie and break their own laws and its disgraceful!

Papper2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    HMmmmm self imposed starvation--what a way to get Gitmo cleaned out--save the expense of the feeding tubes--- choices are made every day-- good and bad

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    HMmmmm self imposed starvation--what a way to get Gitmo cleaned out--save the expense of the feeding tubes--- choices are made every day-- good and bad
    Well if you were locked up indefinitely and your legal team was being sabotaged by the CIA maybe you'd wanna die too rather than continue to be locked up.

but he'll I've always said that if someone wants to off themselves then go for it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

To make the point that bad things happen to good people...The good folks at WTC and the little angels at Gitmo had bad things happen to them...It's just the way of the world I guess but I am sure if given the choice of dying 100 stories up in a flaming inferno or being force fed because you decided to throw a temper tantrum and not eat your meat..("How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?") that most would opt for the whiney ass temper tantrum because they would still be alive...I am just guessing though..

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

On Spetember 11, 2001 four commercial airliners were hijacked and flown into buildings full of American citizens...The perpetrators were trained in Afghanistan by Al Qaeda headed by a gentleman named Osama Bin Laden...We then invaded said country and rounded up members of Al Qaeda who surrendered, because apparently, when actually faced with death and 72 virgins or Americans with guns they opted out of the Martyr route and instead went to the Caribbean to a prison we have there called Guatanamo Bay or "Gitmo"...There they are fed and allowed to worship in the manner they see fit...We began releasing some and then, lo and behold, we ended up catching them again trying to kill Americans. After this happened a couple of times we decided to just keep them there and let them die of old age...In the mean time Pop stars, began to influence the sheeple into actually thinking WE did 9/11 to OURSELVES so we could get oil for Europe or China or some such nonsense (what do you expect from Rosie O'Donnell and Charlie Sheen. Logic?)...Once the sheeple began following the actors, actresses, and pop stars (as they are prone to do..Bah...Bah....) it was only a matter of time before the same pop stars began using their clout and ability to lead by the reins the easily led and folks that should know better starting talking about "the innocents" at Gitmo and "OMG we are soooo like mean to them...Like you know...I mean...Uh..I like saw a documentary on youtube...And like...Bush did it...9/11 I mean...Yeah he and Dick Cheney like wanted oil or something."

Which brings us to the present where the Gitmo attention whores felt that with Bush out of office (and no Pop Star is going to make hay about Obama) the only way to get the little pop stars to come to their defence again was to "stage a hunger strike" (stage is the key word there) knowing that would get some pop star somewhere to come to their aid because we should all be "aware"...Aware is the word they use to let us know if we were only as smart as them we would "get it"

I hope this helps...The 9/11 thing was all on the news when it happened and I sort of gave the short version but that is the gist of it...

Current news reports would have it appear that Bush started 9/11 so he could spend time in Africa helping AIDS patients and opening Ovarian Cancer Screening clinics for those less fortunate...Cheney did it for the trout fishing and to get behind and support gay marriage...

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    To make the point that bad things happen to good people...The good folks at WTC and the little angels at Gitmo had bad things happen to them...It's just the way of the world I guess but I am sure if given the choice of dying 100 stories up in a flaming inferno or being force fed because you decided to throw a temper tantrum and not eat your meat..("How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?") that most would opt for the whiney ass temper tantrum because they would still be alive...I am just guessing though..

So exchanging one wrong for another makes it right? You are saying that innocent people being detained at GITMO is acceptable because the group of terrorists blew up the WTC just happen to share the same religion as them?

How about we lock up your mother, torture her and force feed her with a tube because some lady in Arizona robbed a grocery store? You are making the most ridiculous argument this week.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    So exchanging one wrong for another makes it right? You are saying that innocent people being detained at GITMO is acceptable because the group of terrorists blew up the WTC just happen to share the same religion as them?

How about we lock up your mother, torture her and force feed her with a tube because some lady in Arizona robbed a grocery store? You are making the most ridiculous argument this week.

Murica'

Papper2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    correct me if I am wrong-- and I'm sure someone will either way-- but-- wern't most if not all of the "detainees" captured or taken from a battlefield-- where they were trying to KILL american soldiers???

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    They need to determine the guilt or innocence of these detainees. This is the United States of America for gods sake and if the govt has imprisoned innocent foreign citizens and know about it then we all should be outraged and demand the end to this!
    i distrust my govt more and more everyday. All they do is lie and break their own laws and its disgraceful!

I agree. Citizen or not they have been detained for alleged crimes. Get on with the process of determining guilt. And if the government is knowingly imprisoning innocent foreign citizens, what's to stop them from imprisoning US citizens for lack of cause? If detainees are guilty then they should get the full punishment for the crime.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    correct me if I am wrong-- and I'm sure someone will either way-- but-- wern't most if not all of the "detainees" captured or taken from a battlefield-- where they were trying to KILL american soldiers???

This is all i could find:

Guantanamo Bay detainees captured on the battlefield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It shows qty. 2 people

i guess we want to help China also...
    As of 2008 roughly 55 detainees were cleared for release but werent because they couldnt be repatrioted in China, being they were training to fight for independence from the Chinese gov't, China wants to take action against them so we keep (kept?) them locked up. They are ethnic Uyghurs. I remember at one time (if not still) these Uyghurs made up the majority of the people in Guantanimo bay (source: Wikipedia)

Some others are in Guantanimo for training to join other rebellions such as the Chechens

Top Bottom