• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just read in the Indy Star that INGO member Paul K. Ogden faces losing his law license for exercising his First Amendment Rights outside a courtroom. Apparently a judge heard about something he'd written in an email and demanded an apology. Paul refused, as was his right, as he wasn't in a courtroom. Now he's facing censure and possibly the loss of his license to practice law in Indiana. Guess the system really is rigged against us and is a big boys club with kings and a royal court.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130729/NEWS/307290064/Blogger-Paul-Ogden-s-law-license-line

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I will say is this. I just sent this story to all the lawyers in my firm.

The subject line was: lawyer faces discipline for private e-mail.

The only commentary was: uh............................................oh

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It was my understanding that he was not very gun friendly anyhow?!? Just hearsay through grapevines and bloggers ... :dunno:

I've never noticed him having an anti-gun stance. In fact I've noticed quite the opposite in most of his writings. Maybe you should just do your own research and leave off listening to 3rd and 4th hand gossip. Paul has represented gun owners against the city of Indianapolis. Not exactly an anti-gun activity.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is ridiculous. It's the judge who should be reprimanded for getting so upset over what someone said about him in a private email.

Ogden has always come off as thoughtful and respectful when I've interacted with him online or read his writing.

This whole deal stinks. I hope the review board can see that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I know is that we'll be using code name for judges from now on.....and that if anyone finds out what the code names are, we'll all be subject to discipline.

...and the "State Bar Association" is just a voluntary organization with a few, vague member "benefits". It does not regulate the practice of law.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've never noticed him having an anti-gun stance. In fact I've noticed quite the opposite in most of his writings. Maybe you should just do your own research and leave off listening to 3rd and 4th hand gossip. Paul has represented gun owners against the city of Indianapolis. Not exactly an anti-gun activity.
    Didn't say I believed it necessarily. Just admitting to never really having heard of him but in a negative light. It doesn't really matter to me. Just inquiring, more or less.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Just read the first few posts in his blog. This guy doesn't just call people out, he names names.

I like that.

It also said his trial date is today at 10 a.m., anyone know what's happened? Or is it still underway?

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just read the first few posts in his blog. This guy doesn't just call people out, he names names.

I like that.

It also said his trial date is today at 10 a.m., anyone know what's happened? Or is it still underway?

The board just gathers more information and hears each side of the story today. I wouldn't expect a ruling for at least a few days..if not longer.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    there's something to be said for maintaining professional decorum at all times, in fact in most professional companies its in the policy. to be disbarred however.... is a different matter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On first blush, it does appear to be an over reaction. However, our employee handbook plainly states that we can be disciplined, up to dismissal, for behavior that the company deems to be detrimental to its interests. Partly because of that (partly because of other reasons), even here, I weigh what I say; I don't put certain thoughts/comments in emails or texts to my peers; and I am even careful of what I put on my Facebook page.

It is unfortunate that an email that Ogden wrote didn't stay confidential but unfortunate things happen so you'd better use caution in what you say or write or be prepared to pay the price.

Top Bottom