• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Armed federal enforcers now actively roam in public, conducting suspicionless searches on anyone they want. The TSA deploys Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams to set up unannounced checkpoints used to "Dominate, Intimidate, & Control" the terrorists. The purpose of VIPR teams is to walk up to a person in a public area and force them to submit to a search, including opening up bags and performing patdowns.

TSA records show that the teams ran more than 8,800 unannounced checkpoints outside of airports last year alone. These included searches at train stations, bust stations, the Indianapolis 500, the Democratic and Republican national political conventions, political speeches, and sports stadiums, more. VIPR now has a $100 million annual budget and is growing rapidly, increasing to several hundred people and 37 teams last year, up from 10 teams in 2008.

“It was an incredible waste of taxpayers’ money,” said attorney Robert Fickman. “Did we need to have T.S.A. in here for a couple of minor busts?”

“The problem with TSA stopping and searching people in public places outside the airport is that there are no real legal standards, or probable cause,” said Khaliah Barnes, law counsel at the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC). “It’s something that is easily abused because the reason that they are conducting the stops is shrouded in secrecy.”

To justify their unconstitutional infringements, they claim the checkpoints are “administrative searches” that are exempt from probable cause therefore conveniently impervious to constitutional scrutiny.

TSA now has grown to a whopping 56,000 agents, violating rights at 450 American airports. Its complete disregard for individual liberties and the constitution illustrates the uncomfortable fact that the United States is becoming a police state.

T.S.A. Expands Beyond Airport Security | NYTimes

The TSA's mission creep is making the US a police state | theguardian.com

tsa_train_station.jpg

041212tsa.jpg

tsacheckpoint_460x276.jpg

VIPER-popup.jpg

399027_426639314040242_978351308_n.jpg

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I wonder if they would "administratively search" a person who is OC?

And what jurisdiction do they have on a public street? Airports,etc, I can understand. In my neighborhood? Nyet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To justify their unconstitutional infringements, they claim the checkpoints are “administrative searches” that are exempt from probable cause therefore conveniently impervious to constitutional scrutiny.

So, you are claiming that they are not administrative searches?

Well, if not then certainly those brave Guardians of Civil Liberties, the Libertarian Party, has filed suit to stop them.

I'll need the link to that litigation please.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So, you are claiming that they are not administrative searches?
    We don't need to prove the existence of administrative searches. We already know that they exist and lawyers like yourself use them to justify warrantless searches of private property.

My question is which amendment repealed the 4th? I'll wait here.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My question is which amendment repealed the 4th? I'll wait here.

Fourth Amendment is not repealed. Unreasonable searches and seizures are unconstitutional.

Surely those brave guardians at the Libertarian Party have rushed off to court to stop the TSA.

Surely Libertarians would not be full of teeth talk about how they are the "only true champions of Liberty" would they? Anyone? Bueller? Joe Bowman? Anyone have the answer?

Still waiting for that link, ram. *need a ginger ale*

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I sure will hate getting beaten and arrested if I ever run into them while I am out walking around and minding my own business because that is surely how it will escalate
    Im with you!

I will not cooperate in any way and assume Im being assaulted and take appropriate action.

Jimmy

Top Bottom