• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The anti-gun groups have shared this event and are attacking the page. Posting to INGO to help this thing get viral and derail their rhetoric on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/194718000704243/

For those who don't have FB, it reads:

""Gun Rights Across America" is once again organizing the entire country for a swift response. We know the gun control agenda is returning soon, and we need to tell the federal government that enough is enough. Rather than organizing another rally, we're organizing hundreds of thousands if not millions of small rallies. ...A small rally in each and every one of your front yards, all across America! We want you to strap on a holstered handgun to your hip, and give one hour of your day to making our presence as law abiding gun owners known. This is a family event too. Feel free to strap on a plastic red gun onto your children as well.

Starting at 5:00PM eastern time, for one hour stand or sit in your front yard armed. (Please check your local and state laws and ordinances to be certain no laws are being broken). Most states, even some of the most anti-gun states, CANNOT control what you do or wear on your own property, provided you're not threatening anybody.

If you're lucky enough to live in a state that has legalized open carry, we encourage you to open carry the entire day (except in any prohibited places of course), wear a 2nd Amendment T-shirt, hold up signs, etc. in support of our 2nd Amendment rights. Be creative, and have fun with it.

If you live in an anti-gun state that has covered this loophole with ridiculous legislation, we recommend you carry a holstered "red gun" (plastic mock up) for that hour to show your support for the 2nd.

"Guns Next Door" is designed to send a message to our federal and state lawmakers. Gun owners are good, honest, law abiding citizens. And we have a god given right to self defense, not to mention the Constitution guarantees us the right to keep and bear arms.

So all we're asking for is one hour of your time. Arm yourselves (legally), and make your presence known across America. This is an extremely easy way to support the 2nd Amendment, and protect our rights. Feel free to hold up signs in your yards for the passing motorists. "Obama must go, Save the 2nd, Molon Labe," etc. Pass out candy or lemonade to the kids riding their bikes, and playing in the neighborhoods. This is your chance America! Your chance to take action by just giving one hour of your time, your chance to make a statement, your chance to defeat an anti-gun agenda!

Everybody always writes Molon Labe, so now's your chance to prove it!

Gun Rights Across America is not responsible for any laws that are broken as a result of this event. Knowing the local and state laws and ordinances is each individuals responsibility as a law abiding gun owner in America. We cannot stress enough, MAKE SURE ALL LAWS ARE COMPLIED WITH, AS ANY ARRESTS AS A RESULT OF CIV IL DISOBEDIENCE OR IGNORANCE OF THE LAW COULD HURT OUR CAUSE. We realize that there may be a few states that may not legally be able to participate in this call to action"

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Can a minor legally display a firearm on private property? As in, could I sit in my front yard with a rifle in my lap and a nice big old ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ sign? I think so, but yeah it would kind of suck to get arrested.

Any fears of attracting thieves though?

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I loathe FB, so thanks for the head's up. :thumbsup: I normally OC anyways, but I can set up something in the front yard I'm sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can a minor legally display a firearm on private property? As in, could I sit in my front yard with a rifle in my lap and a nice big old ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ sign? I think so, but yeah it would kind of suck to get arrested.

Any fears of attracting thieves though?

If a thief sees you have 20 or more guns...maybe. If you are walking around sporting a side arm with confidence I do not see that as a thief magnet.

Our neighbors are already aware we own/carry.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I checked state law and yeah totally fine for a minor to carry on private property with parental permission. I'm good. Now to try and spread the message.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I figured I should give this a bump because it's getting about time. Anybody still in for this?

Top Bottom