Anyone thought of becoming a sovereign citizen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It's not that I don't mind paying taxes that go to improve my city of residence, but im tired of paying 50% of my gross pay to go towards bulls**t! We're getting screwed on so many different levels its not funny. Locally, statewide, & federally. For example, I live in Hobart and they want to put a roundabout in at a 3 way intersection that u never have to wait more than 30 seconds at a cost of 10 million dollars! WTF! Not to mention a new 1 1/2 % tax. The politicians then gave themselves a 3% raise. I can't get a raise but they're covered the increase plus some. Guess this is more ofva rant than anything. Just need to vent I guess about how much were taking it up the a**

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I looked into the philosphy and workings a bit, and have not heard of it ending well for anyone really. Its seems one of those things that seem good in theory and if you try to push it in real life, can get you killed, curb stomped, or locked away for a looong time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I used to live in Bloomington. They've been going nuts up there for years with the round-abouts, rails-to-trails, etc...etc... I moved. One might argue the civically correct thing to do was to get involved, speak up, and so on. But you have to know when a battle is winnable and in Bloomington, when it comes to supporting homeless populations, public amenities, and other liberal pipe dreams, they're a lost cause. I don't know anything about Hobart, maybe it's salvagable. But as for a "sovereign citizen" designation--no thanks.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So lets just give up I guess! I go to town hall meetings and voice my opinion but it always seems to go unheard! Maybe if I made a contribution things could be different

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I prefer to do my tax evasion the old fashioned way. By being Amish and only working for cash. (This is my neighbor's computer).

-dictated but not read
    bbi

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Good luck...

No court, no administration, at any time has ever or will ever recognize sovereign citizens. If you feel that you're somehow exempt from all taxes and shouldn't have to pay any of them, then you're rejecting the very words in the Constitution that says otherwise. I think it's a flawed movement, but do as you wish.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Personally I think the government should have to beg for money, but this sovereign citizen thing ain't gonna get us there.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Becoming a sovereign citizen will get you nowhere but jail...or on the run. There is no other ending.

^^THIS^^. The Sovereign Citizen movement is the number 1 threat to the United States. If you want to be one you will have to learn how to file false leans and fictitious documents against your fellow citizens that have done nothing wrong. No different than what a lot are upset about or claim is being done to them!

Good Luck with that is that's what you are wising for because like Denny stated most end up in prison at some point if they keep with their demented thought process!

Top Bottom