• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    To me, the question is; will we turn this around in the voting booth?
    Nope. The voters spoke loudly, overwhelmingly and long about the issue the last two presidential elections. This is what they want. There's going to be no republican revolution to turn the tables on this monstrosity. They blew that chance. Obamneycare is here and I just can't see it going anywhere for quite a long time.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nope. The voters spoke loudly, overwhelmingly and long about the issue the last two presidential elections. This is what they want. There's going to be no republican revolution to turn the tables on this monstrosity. They blew that chance. Obamneycare is here and I just can't see it going anywhere for quite a long time.

You're wrong. I can't explain it, but you're wrong about this.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    One more reason for the government to get out of the marriage business. Food stamps are exploited the same way. Why does the government have the right to give tax incentives in favor of or against marriage. Its just another example of favoritism. The government should not tax everyone differently based on their lifestyle. I'm sick of everyone using the government to enforce their opinions on other people.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I would be glad to be wrong on this one, I just don't see it, tho.

I'm with you. Last round the GOP ran the guy who invented this as public policy, so despite any recent political capital raising they obviously can't be looked to for help.

Any consistent move toward liberty will have a very long timeline during which another party will rise to power in the space left by the shrinking GOP.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One more reason for the government to get out of the marriage business. Food stamps are exploited the same way. Why does the government have the right to give tax incentives in favor of or against marriage. Its just another example of favoritism. The government should not tax everyone differently based on their lifestyle. I'm sick of everyone using the government to enforce their opinions on other people.

The Constitution grants the federal government no authority whatsoever to meddle in marriage or engage in larceny-fueled pseudo-charity. The Constitution grants power to tax only for the purpose of supporting the functions which it grants the federal government authority to do. That said, while you are basically correct, the problem is a few layers deeper than addressing those particular issues.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    This is meaningless. The state has no power to marry or not marry. It's an abstract idea, who cares if the state thinks you are married or not? If you 'marry' someone then your married. Who cares what the state thinks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If they spoke loudly in the first Obama election in favor of Obamacare they spoke much less loudly the second. All sides. A lot of people who didn't show up in the last election would show up in the next if they had something to show up for.

Top Bottom