• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand, did the money get him the worlds best lawyer and that's why he got off? Or the judge is getting a kickback or how does that happen?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't understand, did the money get him the worlds best lawyer and that's why he got off? Or the judge is getting a kickback or how does that happen?

At this point I hope the families of the victims sue the criminal's parents and get a lot of $$$$$$ so they won't have the affluenza issue.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    A friend of mine was arrested for DUI in Illinois, no injurys or accidents involved. Was given a court date, hired a attorney, was told a week later by his attorney that he could "offer" to pay a fine of $10K and court costs to receive dismissal of charges and no record of conviction. His family is wealthy so they paid up.

Life's a **** sandwich, but if you've got enough bread you don't taste much ****

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Obviously none of the victims were related to the judge. There just people, and people die anyway so what makes the difference...?

apply purple where needed.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Kid killed 4 people when drove his truck drunkenly in to 4 people. He was found guilty and judge sentenced him to 10 years of probation. His defense? He's a victim of "Affluenza" - being from a rich family so he's never had to take responsibility for any actions in his life.

I expected better from Texas.

?Affluenza? slammed as defense for wealthy Texas teen?s fatal DWI wreck - CBS News

Whats it called when your from a poor family and was never taught responsibility?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ....her research at Columbia University in New York has shown that 20 percent of upper middle-class adolescents believe their parents would help them get out of a sticky situation at school....

My dad told me, when I approached driving age, if I got myself put in jail, I'd have to figure out a way to get myself out. I believed him too.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wow. This is completely contrary to the story I read a while back. Florida guy in his 20s is currently serving a long sentence for causing a fatal DWI crash. It must be nice to suffer from affluenza.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So, on one hand if you're from a poverty stricken family and have no real guidance, your own criminal activity is not your fault.
    But on the other hand, if you're from a wealthy family and have no real guidance, your own criminal activity is not your fault.
    Got it.
    Sure glad that's cleared up.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    A friend of mine was arrested for DUI in Illinois, no injurys or accidents involved. Was given a court date, hired a attorney, was told a week later by his attorney that he could "offer" to pay a fine of $10K and court costs to receive dismissal of charges and no record of conviction. His family is wealthy so they paid up.

Life's a **** sandwich, but if you've got enough bread you don't taste much ****

Like it or not, our justice system is run like a business. If they can make a profit with little to no cost involved, they will do it. Its the same reason why more money is spent going after those accused of crimes with deep pockets than the petty thugs and meth heads. It gets more bang for the buck. Just look at the amount of cash the failed war on drugs brings in. I don't think its right, but that is how it is.

Top Bottom