Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rev. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

Expert
    So i just asked my woman about this since we have a 7 year old daughter, and she already knew it was a scam and my daughter is not getting this! i just sat down from talking to her about this, good thing she already knew!! The things people will do to get rich are pretty sad. But when you have a society that lacks morality and consequences, well i guess is does make sense.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese!

Plinker
    People are the problem. They don't ask questions. More often than not they blindly follow the masses and go along with the "qualified" opinion.

I do my best to do my research on the things I intend to subject my kids to though... heck, I still fight with the school over the chicken pox vaccine, and the simple fact that I don't want to force it on my kids.

The hpv vaccine specifically, just the cancer prevention claim alone was enough to make me pause and second guess its legitimacy.

My oldest daughter got this against my tin foil hat wishes but the wife insisted, along with the H1n1 vacc. I told her her that I'm the crazy conspiratorial and I don't trust anything that is promoted via T.V commercials instead of our family practitioner. My oldest never had issues before this so called miracle shot but I question the panic attacks , dizziness for no reason and other issues she has dealt with since then. Suffice to say my youngest won't be getting anymore promoted shots or vaccines unless my trusted family doctor suggests it.

Scam? How can it be a scam if all of the other vaccines we get are not a scam?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
    Suffice to say my youngest won't be getting anymore promoted shots or vaccines unless my trusted family doctor suggests it.
    Doctors are groomed in a culture that gives unwaivering faith in vaccines. His blessing won't lessen the risk of neurological damage.

Shooter
    Likewise, another much-reproduced article claims that in 2009, Dr. Diane Harper (who is consistently misidentified as "the lead researcher in the development of Gardasil and Cervarix") gave a talk at which she "came clean" and admitted that "Gardasil and Cervarix don’t work, are dangerous, and weren’t tested." That article grossly misrepresents what Dr. Harper actually said. Dr. Harper has expressed concerns such as how long protection from vaccines such as Gardasil will last (which is not a safety issue, but rather an issue of whether the expected results of an HPV immunization program will justify the financial costs), and whether the marketing of Gardasil might lead some women to avoid taking other STD-preventing precautions, but she has never said that Gardasil "doesn't work," "wasn't tested," or was "dangerous," as explained in great detail at the Skeptical Report blog:In a 2012 peer-reviewed article about Cervarix, Dr. Harper states that "Cervarix is an excellent choice for both screened and unscreened populations due to its long-lasting protection, its broad protection for at least five oncogenic HPV types, the potential to use only one-dose for the same level of protection, and its safety." Again, she speculates that cervical cancer screening may be just as useful, but nowhere does she recommend that the vaccine not be used, that it's safety profile is unacceptable, or that the vaccine cannot prevent cancer. In fact, she recommends expanding the guidelines for HPV vaccines for older women because as they age, they are more susceptible to other serotypes of HPV, against which Cervarix confers protection. She also states that Cervarix may also have a protective effect against some autoimmune disorders. This does not sound like a researcher who is losing sleep about the HPV vaccine, but who fully supports its use, with some exceptions.

Dr. Diane Harper is one of the leading researchers in biomedical science, an individual who has spent her life studying vaccines. She has the academic training and research credibility at a level that if she said "Gardasil is dangerous," many of us would stand up and begin to wonder. But the facts are she has not said anything of the sort about Gardasil and Cervarix. In peer-reviewed articles published in important, high impact journals, she has given strong, but scientifically qualified, endorsements to HPV vaccines. These are the facts. Any other allegations about her lack of support for vaccinations is based on misinformation, disinformation and lies.

Read more at snopes.com: Urgent Warning About Gardasil
    Yeah, because vaccinating young women against cancer is bad idea.

So....

snopes.com: Urgent Warning About Gardasil

I can't believe how many people watch videos like the one above and read websites that are so clearly biased it's insane and start demanding action. It's funny how there's never any credible source information for the claims these videos make...and the "credible" websites engage in trickery to appear valid.
    “Kindness to the wicked is cruelty to the righteous.” - David Mamet

Quote Originally Posted by CTS View Post
    So....

snopes.com: Urgent Warning About Gardasil

I can't believe how many people watch videos like the one above and read websites that are so clearly biased it's insane and start demanding action. It's funny how there's never any credible source information for the claims these videos make...and the "credible" websites engage in trickery to appear valid.
    it bamboozles me why people lie and make deceitful videos like they do..what is this woman accomplishing by doing this?...i just dont understand

"I ran out of bullets, like an A**-hole..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast