Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    So i just asked my woman about this since we have a 7 year old daughter, and she already knew it was a scam and my daughter is not getting this! i just sat down from talking to her about this, good thing she already knew!! The things people will do to get rich are pretty sad. But when you have a society that lacks morality and consequences, well i guess is does make sense.

Jenny B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Clay County
    People are the problem. They don't ask questions. More often than not they blindly follow the masses and go along with the "qualified" opinion.

I do my best to do my research on the things I intend to subject my kids to though... heck, I still fight with the school over the chicken pox vaccine, and the simple fact that I don't want to force it on my kids.

The hpv vaccine specifically, just the cancer prevention claim alone was enough to make me pause and second guess its legitimacy.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    My oldest daughter got this against my tin foil hat wishes but the wife insisted, along with the H1n1 vacc. I told her her that I'm the crazy conspiratorial and I don't trust anything that is promoted via T.V commercials instead of our family practitioner. My oldest never had issues before this so called miracle shot but I question the panic attacks , dizziness for no reason and other issues she has dealt with since then. Suffice to say my youngest won't be getting anymore promoted shots or vaccines unless my trusted family doctor suggests it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Suffice to say my youngest won't be getting anymore promoted shots or vaccines unless my trusted family doctor suggests it.

Doctors are groomed in a culture that gives unwaivering faith in vaccines. His blessing won't lessen the risk of neurological damage.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Likewise, another much-reproduced article claims that in 2009, Dr. Diane Harper (who is consistently misidentified as "the lead researcher in the development of Gardasil and Cervarix") gave a talk at which she "came clean" and admitted that "Gardasil and Cervarix don’t work, are dangerous, and weren’t tested." That article grossly misrepresents what Dr. Harper actually said. Dr. Harper has expressed concerns such as how long protection from vaccines such as Gardasil will last (which is not a safety issue, but rather an issue of whether the expected results of an HPV immunization program will justify the financial costs), and whether the marketing of Gardasil might lead some women to avoid taking other STD-preventing precautions, but she has never said that Gardasil "doesn't work," "wasn't tested," or was "dangerous," as explained in great detail at the Skeptical Report blog:In a 2012 peer-reviewed article about Cervarix, Dr. Harper states that "Cervarix is an excellent choice for both screened and unscreened populations due to its long-lasting protection, its broad protection for at least five oncogenic HPV types, the potential to use only one-dose for the same level of protection, and its safety." Again, she speculates that cervical cancer screening may be just as useful, but nowhere does she recommend that the vaccine not be used, that it's safety profile is unacceptable, or that the vaccine cannot prevent cancer. In fact, she recommends expanding the guidelines for HPV vaccines for older women because as they age, they are more susceptible to other serotypes of HPV, against which Cervarix confers protection. She also states that Cervarix may also have a protective effect against some autoimmune disorders. This does not sound like a researcher who is losing sleep about the HPV vaccine, but who fully supports its use, with some exceptions.

Dr. Diane Harper is one of the leading researchers in biomedical science, an individual who has spent her life studying vaccines. She has the academic training and research credibility at a level that if she said "Gardasil is dangerous," many of us would stand up and begin to wonder. But the facts are she has not said anything of the sort about Gardasil and Cervarix. In peer-reviewed articles published in important, high impact journals, she has given strong, but scientifically qualified, endorsements to HPV vaccines. These are the facts. Any other allegations about her lack of support for vaccinations is based on misinformation, disinformation and lies.

Read more at snopes.com: Urgent Warning About Gardasil

Yeah, because vaccinating young women against cancer is bad idea.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So....

snopes.com: Urgent Warning About Gardasil

I can't believe how many people watch videos like the one above and read websites that are so clearly biased it's insane and start demanding action. It's funny how there's never any credible source information for the claims these videos make...and the "credible" websites engage in trickery to appear valid.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    So....

snopes.com: Urgent Warning About Gardasil

I can't believe how many people watch videos like the one above and read websites that are so clearly biased it's insane and start demanding action. It's funny how there's never any credible source information for the claims these videos make...and the "credible" websites engage in trickery to appear valid.

it bamboozles me why people lie and make deceitful videos like they do..what is this woman accomplishing by doing this?...i just dont understand

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    it bamboozles me why people lie and make deceitful videos like they do..what is this woman accomplishing by doing this?...i just dont understand

Attention? Hoping to win a lawsuit? No idea.

Maybe she has some legitimate unexplained health issues and has decided it's the vaccine's fault despite zero supportive evidence. Of course there's always the one in a billion chance she really did have an adverse reaction, but that doesn't negate the otherwise positive benefits to the general population, it's the same argument they use against gun control. If there were zero guns, no little kids would accidentally shoot themselves in the head. So why aren't you against getting rid of all guns? Do you like dead little kids? You monster....

Let's look at another of these videos titled "CVS Flu Shot Kills 23 Seniors":

CVS Flu Shot Kills 23 Seniors - YouTube

Oh my goodness, how can the media not have gone absolutely nuts about this? Clearly they must be in the pockets of big pharma. I mean...antigens!!!

So let's go look at that horrendous insert he's talking about as the SMOKING GUN showing that CVS murdered 23 seniors in their sleep.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM305079.pdf <--same one he shows in the video.

So he's right...23 people died after taking the vaccine out of a sample size of 2573 adults over the age of 65. Well hot darn...right there according to their own information! I mean...look at this damning statement:

Within 6 months post-vaccination, 156 (6.1%) Fluzone High-Dose recipients and 93 (7.4%) Fluzone recipients experienced a serious adverse event. No deaths were reported within 28 days
    post-vaccination. A total of 23 deaths were reported during the period Day 29–180 post-vaccination: 16 (0.6%) among Fluzone High-Dose recipients and 7 (0.6%) among Fluzone recipients. The majority of these participants had a medical history of cardiac, hepatic, neoplastic,
    renal, and/or respiratory diseases. No deaths were considered to be caused by vaccination.

That's right folks, out of 2573 people over the age of 65, none of them died within 28 days after getting it, but 23 of them did somewhere in the next 6 months. I mean....people over 65 don't just up and die for any old reason, it was clearly the flu shot they got half a year ago that took them out. You would have to be an attention seeker or a moron to assert that those 23 people died from the flu shot, but that hasn't stopped a bunch of idiots on facebook and youtube from decrying how the evil CVS killed a bunch of seniors and nobody cares. Oh the humanity!

Just look at the number of "news websites" who decided this was a credible story worth linking:

https://www.google.com/#q=cvs+pharmacy+flu+shot+kills+23

No bias or lack of critical thinking at work there....no sir!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, there is a certain group of people that believe that teaching young girls about their bodies is wrong. It might actually force a girl to use her body if she knows much about it.

And those same people tend to believe if you give a kid a condom, he or she is going to use it for its intended purpose. And if you don't give them a condom they wont have sexual intercourse.

So along the same lines, if you give a young girl a vaccine that might prevent an STD, that girl will have sexual intercourse. If you don't give her the vaccine, that girl will not have sexual intercourse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yeah, because vaccinating young women against cancer is bad idea.
    Straw man. Nobody is discussing the merits of vaxing against cancer. (And, technically, it's not a vax against cancer. It's a vax against a viral infection which has only been linked to higher cancer rates. Since there are people who have had the infection and don't get cancer, there's questionable logic in the use of the vaccine in the first place.) The question is whether the particular vehicle for said vaccination comes out on the positive side in a cost-benefit analysis. Thalidomide ring a bell? Granted, it's not a vaccine, but the premise is the same. Is the purported use greater than the adverse effects?

Well, there is a certain group of people that believe that teaching young girls about their bodies is wrong. It might actually force a girl to use her body if she knows much about it.

And those same people tend to believe if you give a kid a condom, he or she is going to use it for its intended purpose. And if you don't give them a condom they wont have sexual intercourse.

So along the same lines, if you give a young girl a vaccine that might prevent an STD, that girl will have sexual intercourse. If you don't give her the vaccine, that girl will not have sexual intercourse.
    Non sequitor.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gardasil is a vaccine for the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).

It "covers" 4 strains out of a possible 130+ strains of HPV.

HPV may or may not cause warts. The warts may or may not appear on your genitals, if at all.

Warts may or may not become cancerous.

The cancer may or may not appear on your cervix.

Cervical cancer is treatable.

Mortality rates of cervical cancer are 2.4 per 100,000 women. (DHHS)

Calling Gardasil a "cancer vaccine" is purposely deceptive and unethical. It is a marketing pitch to reel in the most naive, low-information customers possible.

According to the CDC:

Approximately 79 million Americans are currently infected with HPV. About 14 million people become newly infected each year. HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women will get at least one type of HPV at some point in their lives. About 360,000 persons in the U.S. get genital warts each year.

The hype over this disease is incredible. The fear-mongers want you to believe that every sexually active female (and male!) need to get this injection or you might die. The facts are that HPV is ubiquitous, mostly harmless, and treatable. There is no reason to scare, pressure, and coerce everyone into getting this shot.

And next we can discuss the logic of "preventing cancer" by injecting known carcinogens and neurotoxins into your body.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    you use the same arguments against this "medicine" that others use For vaccines. What are you going to say when someone comes on here and talks about how they watched their loved one die of cervical cancer when a simple shot would have saved her? The odds may be high (if the 2.4 per 100k is correct) then why isn't the high odds against someone having an adverse reaction also just a reason to scare, pressure and coerce everyone into NOT getting a vax?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    you use the same arguments against this "medicine" that others use For vaccines. What are you going to say when someone comes on here and talks about how they watched their loved one die of cervical cancer when a simple shot would have saved her?
    you cannot prove it would have saved a life. Such calculations are fraudulent and deceptive.

The odds may be high (if the 2.4 per 100k is correct) then why isn't the high odds against someone having an adverse reaction also just a reason to scare, pressure and coerce everyone into NOT getting a vax?
    Because we aren't trying to convince people NOT to vax. Just not to make them mandatory. And asking for a little accountability in their advertising and responsibility in consumers to become fully informed.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    New Website Launched for Gardasil Victims:

New Website Launched for Gardasil Victims | The Truth About Gardasil

"The facts appear to contradict the FDA’s safety statements. The adverse reaction reports detail 26 new deaths reported between September 1, 2010 and September 15, 2011 as well as incidents of seizures, paralysis, blindness, pancreatitis, speech problems, short term memory loss and Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The documents come from the FDA’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which is used by the FDA to monitor the safety of vaccines."

US court pays $6 million to Gardasil victims | Washington Times Communities

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Don't you know manipulation in advertising is " necessary " , Edward Bernays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Accountability isn't .
    Accountability by not making overtly fraudulent statements, or misrepresenting the consequences of getting/not getting the vax. There are regs regarding that. Ultimately though, I hold consumers responsible. If we had a more scientifically literate population that understood the vocabulary of clinical trials, statistics, and what not, people might not be so quick to jump on the latest medical "breakthrough" bandwagon.

Top Bottom