Open Carry [which is legal] in Michigan = Detained at gunpoint?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    You have no rights along the side of the road. An over zealous / uninformed officer will do whatever he wants. And, the city/county/state will back them up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I watched this last night. They said he appeared to be talking to himself and could see a gun while the car was a block or so away. One of two things: the field of view of the dash-cam made it look like the guy was further away than he actually was, the cop made a previous lap, or the guy was a relative of Clark Kent. (OK, that was 3 things :): )

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This was handled well by the detainee. He immediately complied and firmly stated his points. Even offered to show the relevant codes and statutes. He doesn't resist and openly exposes his neck for the officer's boot.

Sarcasm aside, if he had resisted, this man would be dead. The only response possible to a group of guys with guns that demand compliance is to either comply, or have a group of guys with guns in your back pocket. As he was alone, he didn't have much of a choice.

But it's all in the name of getting home safely at night, right?

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Let's say that the guy is walking down the street "talking to himself." Too many times have I been at a public place and thought someone was talking to me, only to discover that they were talking into a bluetooth headset. Not to mention that talking to ones self is not illegal.

Overlooked in the confrontation is the fact that when the officer drew his weapon, there was a dark SUV that drove between himself and the alleged perpetrator? What is up with that? What happened to the concept of muzzle control around innocent bystanders? If I were the person in that SUV, I'd be just as pissed as the guy who was being detained for public safety (of course)....

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Guy should have blew kisses at the officer and told him to stop coonfingering his weapon...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    bunny-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Top Bottom