Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

I know someone who has a much better quality of life due to medical MJ. He has back issues which cause extreme pain. He used to manage it with Vicodin, but since the war on pain relief, he hasn't been able to get any more of that, so he turned to pot, or THC vaping to be specific. He takes a puff or two when the pain is unbearable and it allows him to get through his day. Even better, as mentioned previously as a benefit, it allows him to sleep through the night. There are tons of people in this country who have daily pain that they can no longer manage thanks to the Govt, medical field and drug companies. Having an alternative is a good idea and would probably help prevent people from instead using smack or something else problematic for that pain management. Yes, it can and will be abused, but it already is being abused so there isn't that much of a point keeping it illegal, at least IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I've watched enough Joe Rogan to feel like I should at least give it a try.

Also willing to look into sensory deprivation tanks

I think everything is worth trying once, unless you're genetically predisposed to addiction then probably avoid the addicting ones. Obviously everyone should try DMT though...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    I think everything is worth trying once, unless you're genetically predisposed to addiction then probably avoid the addicting ones. Obviously everyone should try DMT though...
    but where am i going to find a shaman in indiana
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

I've watched enough Joe Rogan to feel like I should at least give it a try.

Dont do it. It's a gateway drug!

/purple

I'd rather smoke a little pot than drink alcohol. But uncle Sam and my employer want my pee to be clean, so on my down time I drink instead of smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    But uncle Sam and my employer want my pee to be clean, so on my down time I drink instead of smoke.
    And there's the rub. It doesn't matter if the state legalizes marijuana if your employer drug tests. They don't want you to come to work high just like they don't want you to come to work drunk.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

User Info Menu

but where am i going to find a shaman in indiana

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    And there's the rub. It doesn't matter if the state legalizes marijuana if your employer drug tests. They don't want you to come to work high just like they don't want you to come to work drunk.
    But they dont breathalize me unless they have suspicion. If I dont come to work high, they shouldn't care what I do on my time (lunch break aside).
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I don't mean this as harsh as it will sound, but should we then loosen the scheduling and restrictions on amphetamines (which absolutely were harmful and abused when they were easily prescribed as 'pep pills' or 'diet pills') because that would be convenient for you?

The problem is legalization of MJ isn't going to help you, and those of us who are not users (or libertarians) just see users who want their drug habits to be less risky and inconvenient. That they are willing to risk legal and professional consequences to keep getting high never seems to tell them anything about the seriousness of their habituation - it only makes them want to mitigate the consequences

My inconvenience is just my personal consequence of prohibition.

What I'm mostly concerned with is the funding of gangs and organized crime associated with black market prohibition products. Whether it's "drugs" or guns or hookers or whatever.

I'm big L Libertarian all day long. Take away all the restrictions and safety nets, and let people live with the consequences of their decisions. It's good for their life, spirit, and just about everything else.

Dumb analogy... If you have no padding or helmet, would you run headlong into another human at full speed? No, that's a dumb idea you'll get hurt. Then why do football players do it? They have the illusion of safety.

We need to remove the illusion of safety in our society.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast