Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

User Info Menu

Approximately every 19 minutes someone dies an opioid related death.
    Approximately every 48 minutes someone dies an alcohol related death.

Friggin Unicorns have killed more people than cannabis EVER has .

Legalize it already .
    It isn't serendipity , it's willful genocide .

User Info Menu

Not exactly. To the best of my knowledge, unicorns have never killed anyone; but I could point you to a case where a pilot who was high (determined by the post crash blood test) took a Bonanza from his flying club up for a joyride and starved it of fuel and crashed it because he took off and flew with the selector on a partially full tip tank. 2 dead on the plane and one more on the ground

So I make that Unicorns 0 Potheads 3 in the floppy column
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2ADMNLOVER View Post
    Approximately every 19 minutes someone dies an opioid related death.
    Approximately every 48 minutes someone dies an alcohol related death.

Friggin Unicorns have killed more people than cannabis EVER has .

Legalize it already .
    It would be interesting to see the stats on that before and after the "crackdown" on prescription opioids. It seems to me that it has risen drastically after folks that had legitimate pain issues were deprived of their previously "legal", pharmaceutic drugs and forced to seek relief on the street in the form of heroin. They may have been addicts before, but at least they were getting clean, known opioids in a controlled fashion (limited by their doctors, pharmacists and insurance companies). When the alternative is to seek out your local heroin dealer? Probably not a good outcome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Not exactly. To the best of my knowledge, unicorns have never killed anyone; but I could point you to a case where a pilot who was high (determined by the post crash blood test) took a Bonanza from his flying club up for a joyride and starved it of fuel and crashed it because he took off and flew with the selector on a partially full tip tank. 2 dead on the plane and one more on the ground

Correlation does not equal causation, just because he had cannabis in his system does not mean he was ' high ' at the time he displayed his humanity and forgot to flip a switch.
    It isn't serendipity , it's willful genocide .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    When you make dandelions illegal, only criminals will have dandelions.
    Some here already believe that possession of a certain amount of dandelions should be criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2ADMNLOVER View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation, just because he had cannabis in his system does not mean he was ' high ' at the time he displayed his humanity and forgot to flip a switch.
    A bit more than that. I say joyride advisedly. He wasn't certified for that particular aircraft, he stole the keys and took it out at night. Regs required him to have had three takeoffs and landings to a full stop in the preceding 90 days to carry passengers. Part of the checklist is to take off and land on the fullest tank(s)

So - he broke his club rules, flaunted regs and arguably didn't follow the checklist (the fullest tank requirement is on every checklist of whatever I have flown) as well as had a fatal overconfidence in his own ability. That alone could make a good argument that he indeed was high, but as I recall the levels were considerably more than a trace (DOT post accident test is thorough)

He was turning tight right base to final in a steep turn and was running off the left tank. He unported the fuel pick up, the engine quit and he stuffed it into an apartment building. Weeds an intoxicant, there are likely many more incidents. I'm familiar with a few and thus can say unequivocally that leaf has killed way more people than unicorns have

User Info Menu

If only pot would have been more illegaller.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    It was the club's fault, they didn't have a "weed free" sign displayed at the airport...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    If only being willing to risk personal and professional disaster just to get high would actually hint to the user that they might have a problem

User Info Menu

but as I recall the levels were considerably more than a trace (DOT post accident test is thorough)
    Most drug screens don't test for active THC, they test for the metabolites which can stay in your system for a month or longer. So it is possible that he wasn't high.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast