• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    This kid had no idea his dad, who is a commercial fisherman, had a knife in his car. Even if he did, what's the big deal. What else I don't get is, why did the administrator/ s have their paws in the guys car in the first place.
    Do these people wake up everyday just trying to figure out how they can make others miserable? I think so. So now what, this guy can't drop his son at school and have his tools for the trade in his car. Pathetic and petty.
    Knife found in dad's car may get teen banned from graduation, family says | Fox News

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    He gave them permission to search his car because he had nothing to hide. Don't consent to searches and don't talk to the police.
    It would be interesting to know what made them pick a fishermans car. Who knows, the kid may have talked about his dads job in classes not realizing the sharks were about to attack.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    What happened to Tenn? The whole country has gone nuts
    Probably depends where your at. Considering it was school property and they must have known the guy was a fisherman, the first thought from their mind was, "knife". Far from the usual way of thinking of it as "what a cool job" or something along those lines.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    This happened at another school in the county where I grew up and went to school in North Florida. A school officer was walking around looking in the windows of cars and saw a knife handle sticking up between the seats of a truck. Turns out it was a small skinning knife because the student, like most students that lived out there, had come to school monday morning straight from the hunting camp where he had spent the week hunting with his dad. Meanwhile, 20 miles up the road at my school, a buddy left his rifle in the rack of his truck. Our resource officer made him lock it in the tool box of his truck and give the keys to the officer. But than again, they still paddle at my old high school and pray before football games.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    He gave them permission to search his car because he had nothing to hide. Don't consent to searches and don't talk to the police.

Exactly. People need to learn that you never freely talk to a police officer concerning a crime or ever consent to giving up a right.

Police Officer: Do you mind if I search your vehicle?

You: You may not search my vehicle.

Police Officer: Why do you have something to hide?

You (nice to the point answer): I will not give up my right to deny your request. I do not want you invading my privacy and I have nothing to gain by letting you do so.

or

You (simple): Because I said so.

------

The bold part is the key. You never have anything to gain. You have no responsibily to satisfy the officer's curiosity about what may or may not be in your vehicle. There is only two outcomes from allowing him to do so:

1) A waste of of your time and an invasion of your privacy.

2) A criminal charge for something they find that you may or may not have known was there or was illegal.

Top Bottom