Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 211 of 330 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3294

User Info Menu

Where's "The Squad" on this? Im surprised they aren't trying to grab headlines...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    You're not wondering. You know damn well. And you put forgot to use quotes with "ally." Iraq wants as muscle they can uses at their discretion or they want us out.
    I donít think we can say Iraq anything. Itís not a house united. This is a Shia vs Sunni thing. I think the Sunni reluctantly want us there. The Iran l-friendly Shia want us gone. Allies indeed.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    But then the targeted killing of Soleimani - which is undoubtedly an escalation - suggests we are either already in a shooting war or are willing to be.

Otherwise, what's the strategic reason for the destabilization? We have much to lose by either a withdrawal scenario or new, multi-front war.

"Target of Opportunity" carries the weight of shooting down a Japanese Admiral's plane in the Pacific.
    This, like the CBS Special Report alert, overlooks the fact that the embassy attack was an overt act of war - which Iran then foolishly claimed. And, sent their top general to plan more mayhem in Iraq.

Iran overplayed their hand and banked upon the eternal restraint of the US and believed their own rhetoric that Trump is a paper tiger.

Both the "success" of their continual rocket attacks in finally killing an American and the attack on the embassy crossed red lines in the sand.

The mullahs and Soleimani were foolish in giving Trump/America to retaliate for the embassy attack in a very meaningful way that DOES NOT inspire the Iranian public to rally to the mullahs the way an attack on Iranian soil would. Likely the opposite... tremendous blunder for the mullahs.
    Seen on Facebook: ďLove trumping hate involves a lot more assault and arson than I thought it wouldĒ

"I believe in a system of Love and Karma, but, to counterbalance that, if it fails, I'm buying an AK-47..." - Unidentified Californian on Fox News following Antifa protests fascist riots

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I donít think we can say Iraq anything. Itís not a house united. This is a Shia vs Sunni thing. I think the Sunni reluctantly want us there. The Iran l-friendly Shia want us gone. Allies indeed.
    That's a great point, too.

So maybe we should support a split of Iraq into 3rds, which was a good idea 20 years ago, and probably still is. We'll help support the Kurds and the Sunnis for as long as they'll have us.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SheepDog4Life View Post
    This, like the CBS Special Report alert, overlooks the fact that the embassy attack was an overt act of war - which Iran then foolishly claimed. And, sent their top general to plan more mayhem in Iraq.

Iran overplayed their hand and banked upon the eternal restraint of the US and believed their own rhetoric that Trump is a paper tiger.

Both the "success" of their continual rocket attacks in finally killing an American and the attack on the embassy crossed red lines in the sand.

The mullahs and Soleimani were foolish in giving Trump/America to retaliate for the embassy attack in a very meaningful way that DOES NOT inspire the Iranian public to rally to the mullahs the way an attack on Iranian soil would.
    If we're at war, then POTUS should say so and we should have a public discourse on it.

If the embassy attack was Pearl Harbor, so be it. But the history of shadow wars is not kind to the US.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

One would have to think there was a strategic interest in taking out Soleimani and not simply just a target of opportunity. I'll bet there have been plans in the works for doing so for quite some time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Could be the president has called, time to put up or shut up

If Iraq doesn't want us there, they can tell us to leave and 'boom' off ramp to the Iraq war

If the Shias don't want us there, then they'll have to do all the heavy lifting if they don't want to be dominated by Iran or live in fear of being blown up by Sunni-aligned terrorist groups

People that think now Iraq will descend into chaos haven't been paying attention, and if we're not asked to leave we'll have a freer hand once the double-dealing Salih regime stares into the abyss for a bit. Tough to play both sides against each other when one side won't play

...Or...

...this could just be another point scored in and endless tit-for-tat proxy war tended at a low simmer. I don't honestly see how this changes anyting. Election season has Democrats clutching their pearls and Republicans peacocking around like buffoons. As far as I can see Iran still has the upper hand in the middle east.

A trillion-dollar deficit. An openly partizan judiciary presiding over a hopelessly broken for-profit 'judicial system'. Endless foreign war...all products of a government that can fulfill only one promise: that tomorrow they'll take more.

It amazes me how many people wrap themselves in the idelogical languange of liberty...but, in behavior...are really only interested in partizan point scoring. It's theatre. Nobody wins the game, it just keeps going in never-ending super-double-emergency sudden-death champonship playoff overtime face-off brinksmanship...all the while our liberty shrinks and our government grows.

...now back to the game.

User Info Menu

That's a great point, too.

So maybe we should support a split of Iraq into 3rds, which was a good idea 20 years ago, and probably still is. We'll help support the Kurds and the Sunnis for as long as they'll have us.
    I thought that was a good idea at the time. I donít think Trump is capable of seeing that through. He seems a bit too cozy with Turkey.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Here's a bat**** crazy take from actress Rose McGowan

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/stat...76832544460801
    I'm sure she could find her way to Iran if she really tried hard enough. Go there.

User Info Menu

If we're at war, then POTUS should say so and we should have a public discourse on it.

If the embassy attack was Pearl Harbor, so be it. But the history of shadow wars is not kind to the US.
    We are at constant war with whomever the executive chooses, for whatever reason the executive chooses, in whatever place the executive chooses...and we have been ever since we got the AUMF shoved down our gullets by the Bush administration in 2001.

We are on our third president with "Emergency" war powers.

If this were a movie, our goverment would definitely be the bad guys.