Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    • UKRAINE CITES RUSSIAN VIOLATIONS OF AIRSPACE, FLEET ACCORDS
    • UKRAINE URGES RUSSIA TO RETURN MILITARY UNITS TO BASES
    • UKRAINE ISSUES NOTE OF PROTEST TO RUSSIA OVER CRIMEA
    • UKRAINE SAYS DIDN'T ASK RUSSIA TO HELP MAINTAIN CIVIL ORDER
    Ukrainian international airline says it has cancelled flights to #Crimea because "airspace is closed" -Reuters
    — LBCI News English (@LBCI_News_EN) February 28, 2014
    BREAKING: AP in #Crimea spots convoy of Russian armored personnel carriers en route to capital U.S. warns Russia: Ukraine intervention would be 'grave mistake' - World Israel News | Haaretz pic.twitter.com/mjPeVQfCb9
    — Haaretz.com (@haaretzcom) February 28, 2014
    While the latest official development surrounding the Ukraine crisis is that in under two hours, or at 3pm, the UN Security council will meet to discuss the situation in Crimea.

More APCs And Helicopters As The Airspace Closes: The Latest Developments From The Ukraine | Zero Hedge

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Armed men seize two airports in Ukraine's Crimea, Yanukovich reappears | Reuters
    “We have noted the expert assessment of Susan Rice based on multiple cases when American troops were sent to various places of the word, especially those where the US administration believed the norms of Western democracy were in danger, or where the local regimes were getting out of hand,” a Russian Foreign Ministry source told news agencies on Monday.
    The source added that, “We expect that national security adviser would be giving to the US leadership the same advice on the mistaken path of the use of force if it decides to conduct a new intervention.”
    The veiled reproach comes after a Sunday interview, in which Susan Rice said bluntly that sending troops to restore ousted President Yanukovich’s leadership in Kiev "would be a grave mistake" on the part of Russia.
    Viktor Yanukovych insists he's still Ukraine's President - CNN.com

Seems Russia is recognizing the existing president as still having power.

Like it or not,this could be a modern version of the Cuban missile crisis.

Last edited:

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    I love Zero Hedge but they do tend to predict calamity on a daily (if not hourly) basis. Ukraine is a proxy war between Russian Oligarchs and Western banking cartels. Does anyone on either side have the political will to engage in open warfare over the Ukraine? I don't know and I don't really believe anyone who says they do know. After Syria, does anyone on the Russian side take US warnings about crossing lines and grave consequences seriously? If I was Putin, I wouldn't. I sure as hell don't want to spend American lives and treasure so that the IMF has the privilege of bailing Ukraine out. If the Euros want to fight over it, then they can pay for it. :twocents:

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    If the US goes over there to drive them out, that's when I believe that the preparation for ww3 to start. I've never been scared of China attacking us, but Russia terrifies me.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    There's probably Russian submarines a hell of a lot closer than that to the US coast...just like there has been for, I dunno, 50 years or so/

This is true, however visual threats are have a greater impact on the general public fear. As I'm sure that the US has subs close to Russia as well, and the ability to blow that war ship out of the water with little effort.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ukraine pleads for help after Russian 'invasion' - The Globe and Mail

The new Ukrainian government says it has been invaded by Russia and has appealed for the United States and United Kingdom to protect it, as guaranteed under a 1994 agreement.
    The move came after a series of armed takeovers and provocations in the Crimea region that began on Thursday with the seizure of the the regional parliament building and continued on Friday:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is true, however visual threats are have a greater impact on the general public fear. As I'm sure that the US has subs close to Russia as well, and the ability to blow that war ship out of the water with little effort.

They are not always there. But they do stop by sometimes. They try to pick up our boomers coming out of King's Bay. They're really bad at it though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We've been ignoring Russia's clawing for renewed global power for too long. Didn't start yesterday or even with Ukraine. Meanwhile, when Romney in 2012 warned about Russia, the "Smart Set" of pundits, reporters, and Obama apologists mocked him as out-of-touch.

I made a thread on this with more info, but this one beat me by 4 minutes. -_-

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...issues-yet-another-weak-line.html#post4849566

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    [video=youtube;2TVyPiHVZ1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVyPiHVZ1A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

on the way to Crimea?

Top Bottom