• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    when the rich kids from brebuf and PT run out of daddies money for OXY, they can always score a cheap bag of smack.....

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Soon, we'll be reading about crockodil or similar bargin bath tub poison. Bad bad stuff.
    A coworker showed me a video of a guy and a woman in a Russian clinic with some of the terrible side effects of that drug. The guy's leg was gone, the calf muscle was completely gone and they just cut his leg off below the knee with a wire bone saw.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I've worked in rehab centers (physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc) and I can say its crazy how fast some patients get hooked on narcotic pain medication after a surgery. That along with the fact that the parents leave easy access for their teenage children to their medications causes an even larger problem.

When i was in highschool, not too long ago (2005-2009) i couldnt tell you the number of times i turned down the chance to try pills, whether it had been hydro, adderall, zannex. Usually a friend of a friend would have stolen a couple pills from their parents and selling them for less than $5 each.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Our spooks have to make some money from all that stuff they've been doing in Afghanistan, don't they?

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    The laws say I can't discuss specific patients that I've seen in surgery at my workplace, but I'd say Krokodil or the Americanized version of it is probably here. I've seen patients who used their ports (think of long term IV for people who will need a lot of needle sticks for one reason or the other) to shoot up, 20 somethings under the amputation saw for ruined, damned near zombified limbs, etc; and its went from an occasional case to weekly, if not daily.

My other job, I bounce at a bar on the weekends and I can say for certain the heroin crowd has exploded in number. Lots more car break ins, young addicts begging, random offers of sale of stolen goods (unless its normal to sell things to strangers at 2 AM, I may just not be in the know) from otherwise not homeless looking people (terrible to stereotype, I know), and stolen jackets/ purses.

Most telling, I'm used to having to kick out someone who loaded up on E or cocaine in the car before they came in and got too drunk and dehydrated. They tend to be rowdy when they get booted, but its manageable. Every weekend for the last three months, we've had to get someone or multiple people out who went comatose or damned near and their friends just bailed on them. I carried one waif of a girl three blocks to one of her friends house. The people she came with left her jacketless on the road in 11* temperature at 4AM.

Thankfully, our government and the FDA is on it, and has approved a much, much more potent pill that is 10 times more potent than Vicodin and can cause overdose in just a couple of pills. That should really help since we know that addicts are so responsible in their dosage. Thanks guys. Health Care Advocates Protest FDA Approval of 'Killer' Pain Reliever - ABC News

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Works for me.
    Problem is the social costs of heroin addiction are largely not the product of criminalization. A heroin addict will rob and steal to buy legal heroin just the same as he does to buy illegal. The wave of babies born strung out won't be any different just cause the dope was bought legally. This isn't like weed where most of the associated violence is due to dealers being robbed etc. When you rewrite peoples brains to be incapable of feeling pleasure or even functioning without an opiate, violence to obtain it will surely follow, regardless of legality. You can see it in the opiate pill addiction cases which in turn often lead to straight heroin after they can't afford the pills anymore.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Fargo is right. You're all paying for the welfare state regardless if scores of people are sitting in prison for drug crimes.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I used to know a guy that once said that if he had his choice of drug houses to raid it would be a heroin one. People just laying about...

Wouldn't want to be the guy kicking the door in on a house full of pcp junkies.:):

Top Bottom