• ...and so much more!
  • Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Russian Army Spetsnaz Units Arrested Operating In Ukraine - Slashdot

That WW3 thread is looking more and more real. Special Ops are doing what they do best subverting society and laying groundwork.

This is invasion prep-work 101 if I ever saw it.

Planting the seeds of social disdain, collecting intel, locating key assets, and smuggling in first strike weaponry. Nothing that we haven't already been doing in a few other toppled nations recently....

Look how it all worked out for us, but also consider the Russians lack our fineness, when it comes to pulling lynch pins.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    If I remember my history correctly, it looks like Putin took a page from Nazi propaganda...back in 1939 the Germans sent their special forces into Poland and took over a radio station and started broadcasting anti-German messages and creating a ruckus. They used that as support for their invasion.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just advance recon forces for the eventual takeover of the whole country. Putin wants to be the next Stalin.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Interesting! I find interesting that Spetsnaz got caught by Ukrainian security forces. I'm not saying that the Ukrainians are sub-par, but this seems odd. I wonder if the Ukrainians had some "assistance" from the U.S? Maybe a SEAL Team or SF Group? Or possibly the SAS if it wasn't us?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Interesting! I find interesting that Spetsnaz got caught by Ukrainian security forces. I'm not saying that the Ukrainians are sub-par, but this seems odd. I wonder if the Ukrainians had some "assistance" from the U.S? Maybe a SEAL Team or SF Group? Or possibly the SAS if it wasn't us?

I was wondering the same thing. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we had special forces there to "advise".

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The official version from Ukraine is very different than your link.There is 0 mention of any Russian soldiers much less Spetsnaz.They arrested some people with illegal weapons,ammo,and explosives.They where most likely Ukrainian not Russians.Try to read a bit of history to understand what is going on.I seriously doubt Putin has any intentions of invading Ukraine.

[FONT=&quot]The SSU and police officers detained a group of persons suspected of committing a crime stipulated by Part 1 Article 263 (unlawful handling of weapons, ammunition or explosives.)[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Firearms, ammunition, explosives, and special technical means were seized from the offenders. A criminal proceeding established that they were planning actions, which could lead to destabilization of situation in Zaporizhzhia region.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Taking into account the escalation of conflict and numerous provocations from foreign citizens in the Crimea and southeastern Ukraine, the SSU and the MIA bodies take comprehensive measures to seize illegal weapons and charge those guilty of unlawful handling of weapons, ammunition and explosives.The Security Service of Ukraine[/FONT]

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Between this and all the troops building up at the border, seems likely that Putin wants more of Ukraine. They may try it politically as they did with Crimea but if it fails, they may just stroll in and take it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Between this and all the troops building up at the border, seems likely that Putin wants more of Ukraine. They may try it politically as they did with Crimea but if it fails, they may just stroll in and take it.

As they did with the bite of Georgia they took when they invaded them a couple years ago. Take a bite of territory and warn the rest of the country to go along with Russia "or else".

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ain't nobody done nothing to make Vlad think twice about his next move. NATO stands for "Nothing After Two O'clock" these days, the EU likes Russian oil more than Ukrainian independence. The Ukrainians have put up less of a fight than the Kuwaitis did in 1990. This is a sad state of affairs. Oh, Kim the Latest is using the Sea of Japan as a rocket range and Barry is busy filling out his NCAA brackets.

Top Bottom