• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    After being tipped off about an illegal camper, police came upon a homeless man living in the foothills outside of Albuquerque. He would not let police search him, and suffered from a history of mental illness. Police would not take no for an answer and held a 3-hour standoff with him, until the situation escalated to an explosive conclusion. As the man agreed to end the standoff, he picked up his belongings and began to walk away, but police would not allow it. They lobbed a concussion grenade at him, then rushed him with an attack dog. He briefly took a defensive stance with a pocket knife, then turned around and began to crouch down in compliance. Officers opened fire. Pew pew pew, their guns said.

“I’m shocked, I’ve never seen a murder captured on videotape before,” said attorney Joe Kennedy to KRQE. “I’ve never seen anything quite like this.”

“The big lie is anytime our officers shoot, they had a right to shoot because they felt threatened, and if this doesn’t convince this chief and this mayor that officers are out there killing people without justification, I don’t know what will,” said Kennedy.

[video=youtube;I7pnUjEY1xE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7pnUjEY1xE[/video]

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Over three hours, multiple death threats towards the LEO's, two or more knives and in the end failed to follow their orders. Who knows what he was going for? The unarmed canine officer was less than 8 feet away so they had to fire to protect him. A man with a knife can quickly kill another man who is less than 8 feet away right?

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Out in the sticks, to get away from everyone, and it starts from illegal camping? If that was BLM ground, it was legal. USFS maybe, private needed permission. Lots of details not given. That one LEO was definitely a rouge fellow for sure.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This case is about property rights.

So, ram, you think pulling weapons on the police will NOT get you shot?

Why do you hate self-defense? Ron Paul supports self-defense, why do you not?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I am reminded of a part of the movie "Rambo" where the Colonel says something like "J Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, killed in Jerkwater USA for loitering".

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I'm confused... how was the canine "unarmed"? did they pull it's teeth? How else would a canine be armed??

It's high time that these "internal investigations" were done away with and given to civilian investigators... I mean hell, if they get to investigate themselves, so should I.. "Yes officer, I know what the cameras show, but I've done an internal investigation into these charges and I was completely justified in gunning down the busload of nuns. They were threatening me."

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The K-9 officer, not Officer Chompy.

It is textbook defense of others.

As the man agreed to end the standoff, he picked up his belongings and began to walk away, but police would not allow it.

What? If you are under arrest you can simply walk away after a three hour standoff witht he police? Is this proposition in the INGO Rules of Criminal Procedure? Can I get a cite for that?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm confused... how was the canine "unarmed"? did they pull it's teeth? How else would a canine be armed??

It's high time that these "internal investigations" were done away with and given to civilian investigators... I mean hell, if they get to investigate themselves, so should I.. "Yes officer, I know what the cameras show, but I've done an internal investigation into these charges and I was completely justified in gunning down the busload of nuns. They were threatening me."

I'm gonna try that the next time I get pulled over for something.

"Sorry sir, I can not comment on this investigation as an internal investigation is already in progress. If I find myself to have broken the law or gone outside formal guidelines, I will punish myself appropriately."

It should go over about as well as a raspberry...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's shocker, Boyd had a long history of violence, including violence with edged weapons, and violence against law enforcement.

Huh, why didn't the OP tell us this?

Man killed in foothills officer-involved shooting had long criminal history | Albuquerque News - KOAT Home

Yet another EDP that was beyond the help of mental health services. If he was medicated while hospitalized maybe he could have been helped instead of shot dead outside Albaquirky.

Dealing with people like Boyd make me very sympathetic to law enforcement. I'm going to call a couple of friends in the Albaquirky legal community. Betcha they know Boyd's name.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Here's shocker, Boyd had a long history of violence, including violence with edged weapons, and violence against law enforcement.

Man killed in foothills officer-involved shooting had long criminal history | Albuquerque News - KOAT Home

Yet another EDP that was beyond the help of mental health services. If he was medicated while hospitalized maybe he could have been helped instead of shot dead outside Albaquirky.

Dealing with people like Boyd make me very sympathetic to law enforcement. I'm going to call a couple of friends in the Albaquirky legal community. Betcha they know Boyd's name.
    So, he deserved to get killed because he had been in trouble in the past?

Seems to me he was coming in when they attacked. He picked up all his stuff and started walking towards the police. They then threw the flashbang and had the dog attack.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

No, he needed killing because he gave rise to serious bodily injury or death via his threats and deadly weapons.

The criminal history is relevant to the reasonable person analysis in that the police officers would have know who they were dealing with. Boyd's proclivity towards violences is something the police would know.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here, I'll rewrite it another way:

Police in Albuquerque, NM received a report of a violent felon who had set up an illegal campsite outside of the city. They responded to the scene (as they often do when their assistance is requested) and attempted to negotiate with the man for over three hours. During negotiations the violent felon made repeated threats toward the officers and displayed knives. Officers were aware of the mans propensity for violence and attempted to calm the man with techniques learned through training they had received in dealing with the mentally disturbed. Unfortunately the man refused to cooperate and when officers felt all possible techniques had been exhausted they were forced to move in on the suspect. A flash bang diversionary device was utilized in hopes of disorienting the man and a police K9 was sent in but the man was undeterred and pulled two knives on the officers. The K9 officer moved in to gain control over his dog and when the other officers felt he was being threatened they were forced to shoot the man. Police would like to remind citizens that simple cooperation from this violent man would have prevented him from being injured.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Wonder why the K9 didn't engage the guy after he was released. He runs at him, then hesitates and pulls back. Then the Officer grabs for the dog and secures him, maybe because he'd seen the guy pull the knife and didn't want his dog stabbed, or maybe he knew shots were going to be fired and he didn't want the dog to be hit.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Over three hours, multiple death threats towards the LEO's, two or more knives and in the end failed to follow their orders. Who knows what he was going for? The unarmed canine officer was less than 8 feet away so they had to fire to protect him. A man with a knife can quickly kill another man who is less than 8 feet away right?

Personally, I think the crime in question should be the threshhold for how far things are pushed. Illegal camping resulting in a man being shot to death is an escalation that should have never been. That's my opinion. You are certainly welcome to your own. He was a man with mental issues. Perhaps a taser could have been deployed and everyone would have went home/to jail that night.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Very observant. Did you also do a background check on the shooters? Did you notice that Officer Keith Sandy was so corrupt he had to be fired from the State Police? But that didn't stop Albuquerque from picking him up. The hire (among others) was so controversial that the chief promised he would never allow Sandy or his disgraced colleagues to handle a badge or a gun.

“They do not carry guns, they are not going to be badged,” the former chief promised in 2007. “They’re civilian employees. They’ll be collecting evidence.”

Once that promise was broken, Sandy was involved in some high-profile botched cases and is currently the subject of a federal lawsuit for violations of civil rights and conducting illegal searches, according to KRQE.

Seems to me he was coming in when they attacked. He picked up all his stuff and started walking towards the police. They then threw the flashbang and had the dog attack.

Hey, right out of the textbook, like Kirk said. Kill them when they turn and crouch down.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom