• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Street Howitzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2013
    South Bend
    I'm surprised Yeager kept his cool as well as he did. Combs was just baiting him the whole time and frankly ruined the interview by trying to rope the dope. It could have been a good interview and a constructive debate, instead Combs shows his true colors. His primary goal is to discredit those who disagree with him by asking stupid questions in an effort to marginalize their view point. He's not interested in getting the facts or covering the Bundy story, he wants to marginalize someone who champions a cause opposite of his own. That was a terrible inverview, and frankly just plain bad radio. If I was an advertiser or a station manager supporting Comb's show I'd be pretty ticked off.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    If I was an advertiser or a station manager supporting Comb's show I'd be pretty ticked off.

You, as well as most advertisers. This is the primary reason liberal, left wing talk radio has failed so terribly from a commercial standpoint. "Air America" is / was a perfect example. If NPR did not receive a dollars worth of Federal funding, they would be off the air in a month. No one wants to listen to their country get bashed 24/7. It gets real old, real fast hearing how we are ALWAYS the bad guy, and there is some form of government legislation or regulation that will "fix it". Especially now after over 5 years under the most liberal, left wing President this nation has ever seen. After which nothing has improved. It's only all gotten worse. Much worse.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Do you listen to much NPR?

Do you think they would last any longer than Planned Parenthood would without any Federal funding? Why do you suppose that is? If the product is so superior, why does it continually require sucking off the government tit, in order to sustain itself? Why can't it exist on it's own merit and flourish, much the way all of the conservative broadcasters do? That fact doesn't change regardless if I, or you listen to them.

But to give a clear and concise answer your question, NO I do not. I do not listen to any liberal talk radio. I've heard and seen enough of the liberal viewpoint of government to last a lifetime. And have seen enough of it's total worldwide failure to understand it's a futile political position. Liberals are living proof positive of the definition of insanity. Which is doing the same thing over and over, in an attempt to achieve a different result. Why would I, or any reasonable intelligent individual want to listen to that?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Do you think they would last any longer than Planned Parenthood would without any Federal funding? Why do you suppose that is? If the product is so superior, why does it continually require sucking off the government tit, in order to sustain itself? Why can't it exist on it's own merit and flourish, much the way all of the conservative broadcasters do? That fact doesn't change regardless if I, or you listen to them.

But to give a clear and concise answer your question, NO I do not. I do not listen to any liberal talk radio. I've heard and seen enough of the liberal viewpoint of government to last a lifetime. And have seen enough of it's total worldwide failure to understand it's a futile political position. Liberals are living proof positive of the definition of insanity. Which is doing the same thing over and over, in an attempt to achieve a different result. Why would I, or any reasonable intelligent individual want to listen to that?

I think your somewhat mistaken as to what NPR is and does. It's far from liberal talk radio.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think your somewhat mistaken as to what NPR is and does. It's far from liberal talk radio.

I've been listening to NPR for decades. Its hosts are mostly lefties. Its current producers are lefties. I think they do try to be as unbiased as liberal ideologues could possibly be, but when you look at the world from a certain point of view, you report what you see mostly from how you see it. They can't not be biased and it's pretty obvious when you see the world from a different point of view.

But you're right, as a news outlet and producer of radio news magazine style programs, it's hardly like the kind of talk radio in the style of Rush Limbaugh or Alan Combs, where their purpose is entertainment with ideological bias.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I've been listening to NPR for decades. Its hosts are mostly lefties. Its current producers are lefties. I think they do try to be as unbiased as liberal ideologues could possibly be, but when you look at the world from a certain point of view, you report what you see mostly from how you see it. They can't not be biased and it's pretty obvious when you see the world from a different point of view.

But you're right, as a news outlet and producer of radio news magazine style programs, it's hardly like the kind of talk radio in the style of Rush Limbaugh or Alan Combs, where their purpose is entertainment with ideological bias.

This.

If you realize that when you listen to it, it really doesn't bother me. Nobody on the FM dial can come close to the quality of NPR as far as reporting goes. Ira Glass is as liberal as they come but This American Life is one of the best radio programs out there. All listening to Rush did was get me all fired up and think the world was going to explode because of Obama.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Well put. My wife likes a lot of the stuff they put on. But she recognizes the tilt and leaves the kool aid in the glass.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Seems if the govt is supplying so little of NPRs money, then it seems both moral and a minimal hardship to end it entirely.

That's my argument for both NPR and Planned Parenthood. They both claim to be minimalists at chomping on the government tit. Yet they both fight kicking and screaming as soon as anyone suggests cutting them off completely. Go tell Bill Moyers, the biggest communist in America, NPR should be cut off. His blood pressure will go up 30 points. Why?

Top Bottom