• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I saw this yesterday on Youtube and here's a guy that deserves more than a suspension. Firing should just be the start. Cruelty to animals and assaulting an officer seem fitting. He needs to be thrown under the jail. And before we hear it, there is no "other side" to this story.

Officer on leave after police dog video surfaces - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

WARNING!! NSFW OR KIDS LANGUAGE IN THE VIDEO. TURN IT DOWN BEFORE YOU PLAY IT.

[video=youtube_share;SR0GINOPhZw]http://youtu.be/SR0GINOPhZw[/video]

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Saw this on the nightly news. Just horrible. I can't type what I truly think or the BAN HAMMER might descend.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    What a worthless pile of :poop:.... strip him of his badge, and press charges for assault on a police officer...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    DOGS ARE NOT OFFICERS, THEY ARE DOGS. THERE IS AN INDIANA CODE THAT PROTECTS ALL SERVICE ANIMALS WHILE PERFORMING THEIR DUTIES, INCLUDING SEEING EYE DOGS, ETC. POLICE DOGS ARE SERVICE ANIMALS IN THE EYES OF THE LAW.

Now that this constant piece of misinformation is cleared up, I know DoD would have your backside if you treated a bomb dog like that. I'm not a dog handler or trainer but have worked with plenty civilian and military handlers and was pretty close with a trainer. From my limited knowledge, that's counterproductive to a good handler/dog relationship. You have to have a certain personality to be a good handler. "I like dogs" isn't enough, not even close, and it looks like that guy either doesn't have it or lost it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He needs to be charged with animal cruelty.

Afterwards somebody needs to pick this pig* up by HIS collar and shake him around a bit.

*i don't use that derogatory term lightly. He deserves it.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    DOGS ARE NOT OFFICERS, THEY ARE DOGS. THERE IS AN INDIANA CODE THAT PROTECTS ALL SERVICE ANIMALS WHILE PERFORMING THEIR DUTIES, INCLUDING SEEING EYE DOGS, ETC. POLICE DOGS ARE SERVICE ANIMALS IN THE EYES OF THE LAW.

Now that this constant piece of misinformation is cleared up, I know DoD would have your backside if you treated a bomb dog like that. I'm not a dog handler or trainer but have worked with plenty civilian and military handlers and was pretty close with a trainer. From my limited knowledge, that's counterproductive to a good handler/dog relationship. You have to have a certain personality to be a good handler. "I like dogs" isn't enough, not even close, and it looks like that guy either doesn't have it or lost it.

Fine then...
    IC 35-46-3-11 Version a
    ... Misdemeanor...
    yeah, I know I don't know how all the laws work, but I put animal abusers in the same boat as rapists and murderers.. they're worthless and will never be worth the time and effort to take them to trial... I would hit this guy with every possible infraction I could think of...

Indiana Code 35-46-3

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    To our Da Region members, what's the fallout on this?

After the video went viral, Hammond mayor McCheese (McDermott) placed the officer on administrative leave pending an investigation, and removed the dog from his care.
    (McCheese because of his VERY anti-gun stance).
    I do not see how they can come up with an excuse.
    My prediction is that the officer will be removed from K-9 duty, but continue with the police force.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Anybody catch the perp's, uh... er, officer's name? I keep a list of questionable LEO's taped behind my visor and this one definetly needs to be on it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm sure he's a great guy and just misunderstood. All you cop haters just don't understand the stresses that makes this behavior excusable. I agree with snapdragon that he'll probably get promoted or be awarded a settlement for being harassed unfairly.

Top Bottom