• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    SCHERERVILLE, IN — A federal lawsuit alleges that police officers forged the results of a breath alcohol test and then forcibly penetrated a man’s body with a catheter to extract his bodily fluids.

William B. Clark was suspected of DUI, and said that officers falsely reported the results of a breathalyzer he submitted to. He was taken to a hospital, where he submitted to a highly-accurate blood test, and passed.

Watching their case fall apart, police pushed for a urine test. But Clark couldn't pee. So they forcibly restrained him and penetrated his body with a catheter to steal his bodily fluids.

During the forced catheterization, Clark “loudly moaned in pain.” He states that the process was “painful, degrading and humiliating.”

But what's the harm in a little rape session when it comes to keeping the streets safe? Ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, after all.

Use of catheter following traffic stop in Schererville draws lawsuit - Post-Tribune

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've never heard of a urine test for BAC and didn't think blood test BAC results were immediately available. Perhaps things have changed since I was involved in OVWI investigations?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    DUI does not mean alcohol, correct? A urine screen would be the fastest way to see if he was high on drugs. Blood results for drugs take time, I am not familiar with how long a blood test for alcohol would take. I guess the real issue would be if the officers did lie about the breathalyzer result, that should be easy enough to prove from the blood sample. I do know from experience catheter's suck, I would imagine they are worse when you are trying to resist them. Sucks for him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems to me it comes down to probable cause. If they only had PC for alcohol, they couldn't look for drugs. Of course, sometimes the PC isn't intoxicant-specific, but it does seem like anything post-blood test was unnecessary.

Probably a good case to settle as early as possible, unless there are some seriously different facts that are going to come out.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    DUI does not mean alcohol, correct?

Correct.

From what I understand, there are specific tests and procedures that police follow for alcohol compared to other drugs. I don't see why they would spend all this time looking for alcohol via field sobriety test, to portable breathalyzer, to breathalyzer, to blood test, to catheter. Seems to me they were looking for alcohol only to notice their case crumbling and started looking for anything.

JT Meeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Rumor has it that he has always wanted to own a police department… Hopefully he will get every dime the city has….

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    >>Police confiscate Indiana man's bodily fluids using forced catheterization

That happened to me once, but on a round silvery vehicle cruising off to port at the far edge of the milky way in the Clonarian rift with the 3 frozen moons of Gloonice visible through the port hole. That view kept me from losing it...... Speaking of port holes..nevermind, too painful.....that's when I first tasted my ear wax.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So we're believing, as gospel truth, what a local newspaper reports about what one side claims happened...no questions asked? Oh wait, of course we are. For a second there I forgot where I was.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    So we're believing, as gospel truth, what a local newspaper reports about what one side claims happened...no questions asked? Oh wait, of course we are. For a second there I forgot where I was.
    If we didn't discuss the reported issues there would never be much to discuss. Rarely is the whole truth ever made public. Normally never discussed again offer out of court settlement has been made. Silly lawyer.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. How do you get blood results back immediately? If this is accurate, why does it take months to get some results back?

2. Was there a warrant? Police "ordering" urine tests?

Anyone have the complaint? Got to be on PACER.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If we didn't discuss the reported issues there would never be much to discuss. Rarely is the whole truth ever made public. Normally never discussed again offer out of court settlement has been made. Silly lawyer.

You mean the Answer filed by the defendant isn't public record? There are no motions with attached discovery materials filed in a court of public record which could provide more info.?

Newspapers access court records all the time to look for the new and interesting lawsuits. Much like some of our INGO friends, the newspapers are not too interested in providing balanced reporting of both sides. Drive-by journalism, just hitting the most attention-grabbing allegations is more the standard.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

We must wait until the final appeal is completed at the Federal level and until each ruling has been published and available in print at the local library before we may begin discussing the case.

Ready...set...wait!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We must wait until the final appeal is completed at the Federal level and until each ruling has been published and available in print at the local library before we may begin discussing the case.

Ready...set...wait!

Don't forget the corroborating tweets and Facebook posts.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom