Who needs border security, its just migratory workers, right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Threatening cartel billboards warning police to choose 'silver over lead' come complete with hanging mannequins appearing in Texas | Mail Online

article-2637789-1E26D9A100000578-577_634x499.jpg

Yup, that's what we need. Cartel violence. Its just one of the many prices we pay by allowing MILLIONS of illegals to come in, live on the black market avoiding taxation and sending money across the border, lower wages and worsen working conditions for Americans, etc. etc.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Agreed, BBI. We already know that the current administration is going to do NOTHING to stem the tide, so it's going to have to take action from the respective States.

Not much of a proponent in gun play, but maybe it's time for the law enforcement and the law-abiding to respond full force with these 'migratory workers'.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw that story at lunch time. Assuming it's actually cartel sewerage making its way north, I don't see how this ends well.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's time to clean up down there. This admin does nothing. As for the media, not surprising that you have to go to a foreign news outlet to read about this. Ranchers are in danger, national parks on the Mexican border are unsafe. And just like in Benghazi, our leaders turn away.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No administration can "clean up" the border. We need people who work and Mexico needs the remittances. Remittances from the USA are a pillar of Mexico's economy. Illegal immigrant labor is a pillar of the economy of the USA, especially vote rich California and Texas.

The violence and corruption is just the offal of this arrangement.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We already know that the current administration is going to do NOTHING to stem the tide, so it's going to have to take action from the respective States.

No recent administration has, period, Democrat or Republican. Republican interests are too aligned with companies that hire illegals and tell horror stories of massive spikes in grocery prices, housing costs, etc. if we don't have all these illegals. Nevermind that's total BS, as the hourly labor is tiny percent of the cost of our groceries, but scare tactics help keep the people who would otherwise enjoy higher wages in check. Democrats are too concerned with having a new bloc of voters, if only they can get enough hear and keep legalizing them, and pretend that the legals care about the illegals. Which is a shame, given that a majority of Hispanics are natural Republican voters, Catholics who rate abortion as an important issue, etc.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    No recent administration has, period, Democrat or Republican. Republican interests are too aligned with companies that hire illegals and tell horror stories of massive spikes in grocery prices, housing costs, etc. if we don't have all these illegals. Nevermind that's total BS, as the hourly labor is tiny percent of the cost of our groceries, but scare tactics help keep the people who would otherwise enjoy higher wages in check. Democrats are too concerned with having a new bloc of voters, if only they can get enough hear and keep legalizing them, and pretend that the legals care about the illegals. Which is a shame, given that a majority of Hispanics are natural Republican voters, Catholics who rate abortion as an important issue, etc.

Compassionate Conservatism works I tell you!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This is something I've saw coming for years. Only hope the states are allowed to handle it themselves. Perhaps sheriffs department posse's will be making a come back.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We don't "need" illegals, any more than we "needed" slaves

Who will do the work if the USA does not import illegals? They are tied into the economy not to be needed--restaurants, construction, inter alia. Republicans protect them because of the Chamber of Commerce; Democrats protect illegals because of the votes.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Get rid of 92 weeks of "unemployment benefits" and see how many of those jobs people won't do get filled without illegal aliens.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Get rid of 92 weeks of "unemployment benefits" and see how many of those jobs people won't do get filled without illegal aliens.
    Americans won't do the work. The South Eastern states have proved that with their need for agricultural workers. They upped pay and still couldn't get people to come out to the fields and work. The fact of the matter is that there are jobs that many, if not most, Americans just see themselves as too good to do. Someone needs to do it.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Who will do the work if the USA does not import illegals? They are tied into the economy not to be needed--restaurants, construction, inter alia. Republicans protect them because of the Chamber of Commerce; Democrats protect illegals because of the votes.

That's BS. There were plenty of locals doing the lowly hard jobs, grass cutting, landscaping, low end construction etc. UNTIL the illegals started showing up and working for LESS money. Now I see a larger portion of immigrants doing that work. Continuing unemployment and welfare into perpetuity helps the less-inclined decide not to work because they can make almost or as much not working with little or no effort and don't see the point.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Americans won't do the work. The South Eastern states have proved that with their need for agricultural workers. They upped pay and still couldn't get people to come out to the fields and work. The fact of the matter is that there are jobs that many, if not most, Americans just see themselves as too good to do. Someone needs to do it.

Then let 'sm starve. False pride will take a back seat eventually. I"ve done the grunt work. I learned early on that no job is beneath me if I need the work. I know there are people like that out there, but I sure haven't met many. The main problem is our politicians have made it too easy to get paid for not contributing to society.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Then let 'sm starve. False pride will take a back seat eventually. I"ve done the grunt work. I learned early on that no job is beneath me if I need the work. I know there are people like that out there, but I sure haven't met many. The main problem is our politicians have made it too easy to get paid for not contributing to society.
    That's all well and good, but it doesn't help a farmer get his crop in. Immigrants do help him.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The chamber of commerce/GOP needs (just wants, really) the cheap labor and the DNC needs the votes. Those are 2 politically connected, therefore "e-special interest groups" The rest of us don't need them. Just look around at the middle-aged "natives" working 2 minimum wage jobs because of "obeyme-care" and the permanently crappy economic recovery".

FWIW the discussion about border security routinely falls in a ditch over illegal immigration. Like the OP pointed out, it's really about national border security. Besides the para-military narco-cartels exporting their drug wars up here, I understand that terrorists like hizbullah and al-shabaab have infiltrated about 20,000 members across our "border" (from an article on 'police 1' website)

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

Abolish the "unemployment benefits" and the jobs will be filled.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    They weren't being filled prior to the extended benefits, what in the world makes you think they'd be filled after it was gone? History says you're wrong.

Lets stop propping up the labor market with government subsidies and give it a try.

(Btw, let's stop propping up the farmers too)

Thought you would be a free market kind of guy

Top Bottom