• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    [sigh]

I feel like we need to make a counterpoint to these restaurant chains that gun owners spend money, too.

Perhaps another petition.org exercise? There are a whole bunch more of us that don't carry our long arms into places, but still don't want these places to start self-restricting firearms.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well as long as the 'activists' feel significant in their own eyes and get to play the victim for their own little fan base, I guess that's all that matters.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I am pretty sure that OCT told its members not to eat at national chains like that since at least 5/22. I have a feeling those videos are related to the one photo at Sonic's also. Since MDA likes to repost photos over and over again until they bully businesses into their way.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Well, at least none of these businesses will have to deal with the issue of being the first. Pretty soon, it will be a pretty normal thing to respectfully request that people don't bring their guns in. After all, other big chains have done it and are still in the black.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah...the restaurants who apparently never cared if someone carried a handgun.....they're the problem. Not the people yanking them into the debate despite the desire to just stay neutral and do business.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    blue-falcon-batch11.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is a photo of my grandfather in Italy (It-lee is how he pronounced it)...He is the gentleman on the end with the hundred yard stare and the little Beretta 1934 .380 in a small flap holster hanging from his trouser belt....

Now to the subject at hand...The REASON he is carrying that Beretta (instead of his m1 carbine he was issued) is this...He was in the Combat Engineers attached to Clark's 5th Army...His JOB in the war was to WORK...He found it very difficult to do his job with the carbine hanging off of his shoulder...After about a year of doing his job he came to the realization that the Germans who were trying to kill him were shooting 88's at him (with tea cup precision I might add) from two miles away on the top of an Italian Mountain.....He realized that a long arm was best left to the guy who WAS GOING INTO COMBAT IN AN OFFENSIVE ROLE and that he was not that guy...He was the guy in front of the main Army repairing the bridges the Germans just blew up or purifying the wells that they had just poisoned...Again...He still got shot at on a daily basis but it was from big old 88's from a mile or two away....

My point is this...A long gun is a cumbersome thing and why someone would feel the desire to carry such a cumbersome item when a handgun is so much easier and less cumbersome is beyond me....

Papaw traded his m1 carbine to soldier who wanted one and he gave papaw the Beretta...When Papaw was allowed to come back to Kentucky for a rest due to a bad experiance at Monte Cassino he gave the Beretta to one of his buddies...He delivered mail on a Harley Davidson at Fort Knox for a month and was getting ready to head back to Europe when the Germans surrendered....

A long gun is an offensive weapon that can be offensive (in a setting like a restaurant) to a large segment of society...A handgun is a defensive weapon that has no need to defend itself because no one knows it is there...(unless you OC and that is not what this debate is about..)

IMHO ofcourse....:twocents:

Last edited:

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    WTF is wrong with those idiots? Can't they see what they are doing is HURTING our cause? Why will they not stop?

The restaurants are now revising their firearms policies, and I'm sure it ain't in our favor, becasue of these clowns.

I'm all for OC don't get me wrong. And there is a time and a place to OC a rifle, but having lunch at Chili's ain't the time nor place.

Morons.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My point is this...A long gun is a cumbersome thing and why someone would feel the desire to carry such a cumbersome item when a handgun is so much easier and less cumbersome is beyond me....

Because, with a few exceptions, a rifle is a more effective tool than a handgun. Handgun are puny by comparison to almost any centerfire rifle. I do not comment on the actions of the people in Texas carrying their rifles in these stories, but if I had the choice, I'd have my rifle with me all the time. The difference in efficacy in terms of terminal ballistics is dramatic and the ease with which projectiles can be delivered to the intended target also favors the rifle by far. Handguns excel when you don't have a choice and when you're in such close quarters that it's difficult to manipulate a rifle or shotgun.

A long gun is an offensive weapon that can be offensive (in a setting like a restaurant) to a large segment of society...A handgun is a defensive weapon that has no need to defend itself because no one knows it is there...(unless you OC and that is not what this debate is about..)

These kind of comments and the rationale behind them don't help anything either. Guns are inherently neither "offensive" nor "defensive," regardless of whether they are long guns or handguns. How they are used and with what intent is what determines "offensive" and "defensive."

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm torn but specifically targeting business's seems to a very stupid idea. That is begging for the wrong kind of attention.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, at least none of these businesses will have to deal with the issue of being the first. Pretty soon, it will be a pretty normal thing to respectfully request that people don't bring their guns in. After all, other big chains have done it and are still in the black.

This certainly seems to be the way the tide is going right now. All that matters is the fact this is a PR battle and the strategy these guys are following is a loser.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Chili's:

[video=youtube;LtUOopHPlMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUOopHPlMc[/video]

Sonic:

[video=youtube;_VJPMeXQ6xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJPMeXQ6xk[/video]

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    These yabos are NOT 'pro-Second Amendment friends', to anyone who supports the Second Amendment.

They're 'attention whores' that believe carrying a firearm is some version of "Jackass - The Movie". The 'point' is NOT to uphold, or stand up for, the Second Amendment. The 'point' is to see what kind of ruckus they can drum up, and get their little clip on YouTube for 'funsies'. See if they can 'scare' some of the non-carrying folks. They're no 'friend' of mine, or of any responsible gun owner, nor of anyone 'neutral' on the 2A issue. They are ONLY 'friends' to the rabid anti-gun loons.

There is NO 'right' to act irresponsibly.
    Get Guns Banned.jpg

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The guy giggling with glee over the ruckus they wecausing was disturbing.

I OC. Occasionally someone who may or may not be anti makes a remark. I am never flip. I become sternly serious. I seek to inform and educate, very politely.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We're in a battle for public opinion. This most certainly does not endear the public to us. A shame the effort to organize this didn't go towards something far more constructive for our cause.

Bunch of trolls is what they are.

Top Bottom