• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    And people wonder whats wrong with this country. Seems like a very constructive punishment to me.

Why didn't he make him do actual work? Kid gets punishment and he would have actually benefitted from it and probably wouldn't have been punished.

Dumb punishment by the state, but if I'm making my kid do something like that, I'm getting work out of him. :):

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wow. Unbelievable. I must have been severely abused baling hay for many hot summers. Those hay bales were way more than 23 pounds.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Shoot... My parents forced me to do manual labor around the house when my grades suffered. Sure made me want to get good grades so I didn't have to do those activities again every semester, and more importantly for the rest of my life.... I thought it was tough at the time, but now that I am a parent, I now think it was an effective way of driving home a point.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Wow. Unbelievable. I must have been severely abused baling hay for many hot summers. Those hay bales were way more than 23 pounds.
    No kidding! Dusk til' dawn farm work from Spring til' Fall, bailing hay/straw all Summer from a kick-bailer, cleaning the hog farrowing house every-other day, pumping the "honey pit" once a week, among other labor intensive crap....all at the ripe old age of 13!

Sheesh, I'd better be gettin' me some reparations!

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I used to help my dad do roofing jobs when I was 10. I carried bags of shingles up and sown ladders all day. FOR FUN (and profit) but still, this is what is wrong with kids nowadays. If you put them to work or try to make them do anything they call child services and go back to their Youtube videos and, PS4/X-Box.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    4'2 at 16? hmm feed the kid more and then he could carry 2 at a time.

When I first read the article, I glanced through it, missed the age but saw the height. So I thought they were talking about an 8 year old boy, for which the average height is around 4'2. Making an 8 year old carry a 23 lb. stone around is cruel. But not so cruel for a 16 year old. The 4'2 has got to be a misprint. Even a 16 year old male at the 5th percentile is almost a foot taller.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    the stupidity will set in ten years from now, when the son is greatful that his father cared enough to try and make him a better man.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Can I report my wife for spouse abuse? A couple of weekends ago I moved a couple hundred of those exact stones to build a flower bed and a fire pit. Granted I was moving each paver maybe 10-15 yards at most from my truck to the spot of the construction...

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I would bet that the judge is a liberal who does not believe in any form of corporal or physical punishment. He is probably one of those who promotes "taliking" to the child. If my Dad was forced to only talk to me when I was young, he would still be talking to me this very day and I am now 63 years old and my Dad has been gone for 4 years. I see nothing wrong with the father trying to make his son understand that he has some responsibilities around the house and that there are some punishments for not doing one's share just as there are some incentives for doing one's share like a bed to sleep in and food on the table to eat. My poor Dad used to spend more energy trying to get me and my younger brother to hoe the garden than he would have used doing it by himself. It took me many years to appreciate the fact that my Dad would not give me everything that I wanted, but did give me everything that I needed. Just my 2 cents.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would bet that the judge is a liberal who does not believe in any form of corporal or physical punishment. He is probably one of those who promotes "taliking" to the child. If my Dad was forced to only talk to me when I was young, he would still be talking to me this very day and I am now 63 years old and my Dad has been gone for 4 years. I see nothing wrong with the father trying to make his son understand that he has some responsibilities around the house and that there are some punishments for not doing one's share just as there are some incentives for doing one's share like a bed to sleep in and food on the table to eat. My poor Dad used to spend more energy trying to get me and my younger brother to hoe the garden than he would have used doing it by himself. It took me many years to appreciate the fact that my Dad would not give me everything that I wanted, but did give me everything that I needed. Just my 2 cents.

The only time it saw a judge, was for the bail.
    Why did the police take any action?

Top Bottom