• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know of a guy in Kokomo who has been harassed due to having the same name as a douche bag. I think at least once, he was taken into the station before they finally figured out he was not the droid they were looking for. Same name but descriptions were totally different.

I guess having a name like Dweezul ain't so bad after all.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My niece was arrested once due to a warrant for another person with the same name. She was stopped for a traffic violation and the warrant popped up. They cuffed her in front of her children, impounded her vehicle, called CPS for her kids and took her off to jail. She kept telling them they had the wrong person and to check the social security number they had in their system. A few hours later, it was all sorted out and she had to pay to get her vehicle back and then had to get her kids back and explain to them that the cops screwed up. In the meantime, her two little girls just knew that mommy had done something bad apparently and was taken away by the police.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    A few years back I was being pursued for failing to make payment on some furniture and was getting threats that they were going to come to my house and take it all back. The problem was that I never purchased it to begin with, but some guy with the same name in another state did. After 5 or 6 phone calls, one person got extremely nasty with me on the phone which just pissed me off even more. After calling him a few "expletive deleted"s, I told him he had the wrong guy and don't call me again or he would be getting a letter from my lawyer. Oddly enough, never did hear from them again.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    A few years back I was being pursued for failing to make payment on some furniture and was getting threats that they were going to come to my house and take it all back. The problem was that I never purchased it to begin with, but some guy with the same name in another state did. After 5 or 6 phone calls, one person got extremely nasty with me on the phone which just pissed me off even more. After calling him a few "expletive deleted"s, I told him he had the wrong guy and don't call me again or he would be getting a letter from my lawyer. Oddly enough, never did hear from them again.
    Mr88GT has a similar nemesis. Except his evil credit twin lives in Indy. We have received a collections call from the same law office for about 2 years now. And he's received not a few letters from law offices about outstanding debts.

The worst case of mistaken identity I've ever had was being accused of sleeping with another woman's husband or boyfriend. Idiot picked my name out of the phone book and started on her tirade. The fact that I drove a truck seemed to be all the evidence she needed to convince herself that I was the "other woman." Had I not been in the middle of writing a paper for a class, I might have had a little fun with it, but, alas, I was focused on other things and just trying to end the distraction.

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    I have never been arrested because I share the same name with someone else, however my grandfather and I share the same first and last name. He passed away a few years ago and every now and then I get phone calls trying to "settle" a debt left behind. I inform the person calling that they have the wrong person and explain the situation. You would think that they would check ssn and dob but they dont. All they see is a name. My grandfather and I even have completely different middle names yet I still get calls and letters. The worst case of this was a particular company kept calling despite me informing them of their error and even got to the point where they threatened to take my house to resolve the debt. At this point I have had enough and encouraged them to do so because the second they try I would hit them with a law suite they had no chance of winning. I know its not apples to apples but its just my personal experience with mistaken identity.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Mr88GT has a similar nemesis. Except his evil credit twin lives in Indy. We have received a collections call from the same law office for about 2 years now. And he's received not a few letters from law offices about outstanding debts.

The worst case of mistaken identity I've ever had was being accused of sleeping with another woman's husband or boyfriend. Idiot picked my name out of the phone book and started on her tirade. The fact that I drove a truck seemed to be all the evidence she needed to convince herself that I was the "other woman." Had I not been in the middle of writing a paper for a class, I might have had a little fun with it, but, alas, I was focused on other things and just trying to end the distraction.

Yep. Some times its just better to just hang up, even though the temptation is there to throw some gasoline on the fire! :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I had an uncle whose mom and dad apparently liked odd names---his given first name was Judge. One time, my brother bought some furniture on one of those store credit deals. Well, he paid off the loan but the store kept saying he still owed money on the loan. He showed my uncle the canceled checks and all so my uncle wrote a letter to the credit department tell get them he'd reviewed the records and ask ed them to stop and close the account or he'd begin legal action. I guess when a Judge asks you to stop, people take it seriously even if the Judge is a mailman. :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know a blonde headed white woman in Carmel that was arrested and transported to Howard county in a Friday due to a warrant with her SSN on it. Even the desk sgt commented that the warrant was for an Hispanic Male, but she would have to spend the weekend in the Jail until the Judge comes to court Monday morning. How can they continue to put people in charge who cannot tell the difference between a white woman and a Hispanic male? And how idiotic to continue the process AFTER you realize a mistake has been made. Sort of like installing an engine that you know has no pistons.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Someone needs to made an example of. Find the idiot who either filled out the paperwork incorrectly or the fool who didn't thoroughly check the guy out before they arrested him. Totally irresponsible.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Someone needs to made an example of. Find the idiot who either filled out the paperwork incorrectly or the fool who didn't thoroughly check the guy out before they arrested him. Totally irresponsible.

Like botched warrant executions. The people carrying out the injustice never seem to be the same people who filled out the paperwork, with each blaming the other for the screw up. In the end, neither are held responsible.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...losing his job, racking up bills, and facing threats of eviction from his home.
    In 10 days? Highly dubious. That comment couldn't 'possibly' be his lawyer grandstanding, could it? Oh, of course not. :n00b:

19 posts so far, and NO "JBT" reference, as yet? Amazing! :laugh:

Top Bottom