• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is why we see threads about police stopping traffic for ducks to cross the street. It can be a major satay issue.

According to the article, not only did she park in the left lane of the highway, but she was trying to corral them into her car.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    This is why we see threads about police stopping traffic for ducks to cross the street. It can be a major satay issue.

According to the article, not only did she park in the left lane of the highway, but she was trying to corral them into her car.
    i bet they're really tender at that age, but you only get one skewer out of each breast.

i understand no one wants to see splattered ducklings, but it's a hell of a lot better than splattered people.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    She was saving people from committing a felony by ushering the ducks out of the way.
    :): I had the same thought.

Funny enough, people around here have no problem with it. We either all brake and wait patiently, or the next time you drive by there's a mess of feathers smooshed on the road.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Funny enough, people around here have no problem with it. We either all brake and wait patiently, or the next time you drive by there's a mess of feathers smooshed on the road.

This actually happened Thursday morning on I-65 SB @ Keystone Ave, less than 5 miles from DT Indy. Canadian Geese with mid aged goslings, at least a dozen of them closer to the inner retaining wall than the side of the road. We were northbound and thought that sight was going to be ugly - for the geese. That evening, on our return trip home there was not a single carcass in the southbound lane. Makes you wonder if the whole interstate came to a halt until they ran back to the side of the road. At rush hour no less.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Life in prison? Seriously? I will grant you that this wasn't the brightest thing she did this year, but honestly, people get far less for deliberate murder.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I'm waiting patiently for you to explain why this is a bad thing? That and what about our guys like AllenM? He could use the work fixing those front bumpers and grills. :):

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I'm waiting patiently for you to explain why this is a bad thing? That and what about our guys like AllenM? He could use the work fixing those front bumpers and grills. :):

Bumpers & Grills? You ever seen a car roofline / windshield after colliding with one of those birds? It's remarkable how much damage twelve pounds travelling at 20 mph can do!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I stopped in the right lane on Carmel drive once for about 30 seconds while some ducklings hopped up on the curb (a couple had to try twice) but that's a 30 zone and was just past the intersection, so I was going all of 15 anyway. Beyond that, two dimensional duck veal.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I had to stop on Broad Ripple Av yesterday on the way to a community day in order to let two ducks cross in front of my bomb truck. I didn't give them any hassle though because they were in the crosswalk.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had to stop on Broad Ripple Av yesterday on the way to a community day in order to let two ducks cross in front of my bomb truck. I didn't give them any hassle though because they were in the crosswalk.
    Another curb stomping opportunity missed. I'm beginning to wonder about you.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I brake for blue green algae. I do use my emergency flashers though.

I'm suspecting common sense has nothing to do with it. There's a brain bypass circuit that is triggered when you see helpless living things in front of you. "I wasn't thinking. I just reacted." It takes some experience and training to override this impulse. Paying attention helps and gives you more time to react.
    p.s. And the ducklings get away scot free?

Top Bottom