• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    California residents in some towns facing the drought can be fined for watering and up to $500 for not watering.
    California couple faces fine for brown lawn after complying with water-saving rules | Fox News
    A quote from the article states:

"Local officials say conserving water and maintaining healthy landscaping are not mutually exclusive goals. They caution that even in times of water shortages, residents shouldn't have free rein to drive down property values, and they can use drought-resistant landscaping or turf removal programs to meet local standards."

So I'm guessing removing the turf would have no affect on property value.:dunno:
    I think the lady is right. They are in an alternate universe.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Not surprising that it would come from California. What more would you expect from the land of Hollywood, crazy property values, and some of the highest gas prices in the country.

Read a couple articles that a tech investor is suggesting they break Caly into 6 separate states. May be best idea I have heard from that zoo zone in my lifetime. Afterall, that would get us 5 states closer to the # of state Obama says he campaigned in back in 2008. Break Chicago off from IL might be an option as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Plants don't crave water...

It%27s+What+Plants+Crave!+2+(Edit).jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Plants don't crave water...

This post interests me, have you considered writing full time for Pure Grain Alcohol?

Local officials say conserving water and maintaining healthy landscaping are not mutually exclusive goals. They caution that even in times of water shortages, residents shouldn't have free rein to drive down property values, and they can use drought-resistant landscaping or turf removal programs to meet local standards."

We call it a Knight's Fork. No matter what you do, you will be breaking the law. This is also the impetus to pass so many laws.

Fork (chess) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nah. It's like encouraging people to drive electric cars...then putting a padlock on the electric grid. They're hoping people will get frustrated and just do away with cars altogether.

Lawns, ditto.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Okay, I'm going to attempt to educate non-Californians on this again.

You know, like the ultra-rich, ultra-chic Hollywood celebrities vociferously proclaiming that they're anti-rich and support the 'regular working stiff'.

Like MOST of them keeping guns, many having carry permits, while vociferously proclaiming that they're anti-gun. Like Diane Feinstein does.

Like Nancy Pelosi stating "we need to pass the bill to see what's in the bill" because she KNOWS folk are smart enough that if they find out what's really in it they'll vehemently rebel while vociferously proclaiming that the liberal loons need to run things because those same folks are too stupid to understand what's best for them.

California is it's own 'state'. It's the 'state of confusion'.

California is the 'Granola State'. Land of fruits, nuts, and flakes.

Hopefully, this education will clarify why California does things the way it does.

You're welcome. :laugh:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    As we can see by reading the quote, the possibility of another law trying to manifest itself. Just go ahead and remove that turf Mister!:):

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've seen people in Albuquerque (sp?) NM simply cover their yards in large pea gravel with the occasional cactus. It certainly would be wild-fire proof!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is not the first of last time for this and is not exclusive to California.

There have been plenty of people who have been fined for dry grass during a drought.

Time to spray paint the lawn!!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Back in 2011 Tulane University research students stumbled onto an aerobic bacteria that creates butanol from cellulose. They called it TU-103.

Pretty cool stuff.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Californians are so Earth friendly I'm surprised they don't reconstitute their pee like the space astronauts do. Since I'm not seeing much proactivity in reguard to the drought, what is their game plan should it continue anther 5-10 years. Drain the great lakes?

Top Bottom