Page 1 of 280 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Report: No "Global Warming" for 246 Months...

Last edited by Roadie; 05-11-2017 at 06:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    You cannot troll the mainland United States. There would be a meme behind every blade of grass.

No surprise there. When the mantra transformed from "global warming" to "climate change" that should have told us that the evidence for warming was failing.

There is now and has always been climate change. Whether mankind can influence anything more grand that the air immediately around us that we breathe (not insignificant), has not been established.
    Like Harvey Weinstein, but with a broken moral compass.

Really...I'm so shocked (purple) lol
    Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's
    Do kids still play Cops and Robbers, or are they just taught both are equally bad and given a participation ribbon after a rousing game of scoreless Everyone's a Winner Ball?

NRA Life Member/Basenji Dad

I Care...Really

But.....but....the ice.....the big white bears.........but.........

We've had ice-ages, Deserts were once covered with trees, etc. I think the Earth is going through a natural cycle, We will have colder than normal years and hotter ones.
    The earth is running a "cleaning cycle" as in temperature shifts to regulate the earths population...only the strong survive.
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

Where do you even hear this being talked about any more? Up to about a year ago, there were still stories on tv, publicity campaigns, etc. of folks showing their concern and support. But now? About the only you peep you hear is out of the torch bearers (the Obama's, Gore's of the world). Main stream media talk of this really has dwindled. I think many of them have even put their Koolaid cups down.
    The contrarian's contrarian.

I heard Rush's take on it yesterday, and I think it sounds plausible.

Young people these days need a purpose. They need to feel they are "saving the world" and "making a difference"... and something like Climate Change gives them a target to throw their work and money behind. They've been told through their entire upbringing that it exists, and that it will end the world. They hear their idols tout it, so it must be true... people they believe are credible. They get fake statistics shoved down their gullets by the MMFA/OFA/Vox/HuffPo/MSNBC/Salon/Gawker/Bill Nye's of the world.

They'll find an explanation for everything, including this story, too.

Already seen it argued that "man made climate change" can cause prolonged periods of unusually inactive weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    You cannot troll the mainland United States. There would be a meme behind every blade of grass.

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Where do you even hear this being talked about any more?
    In schools.
    Not sure if that firearm or accessory has been subject to a safety recall? Read INGO's Comprehensive Firearm Safety Recall Listing for an easy way to check.

The mob is not worthy of respect. It is not interested in truth, or even compassion. It is only interested in power.

Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    In schools.
    Yeah, figures. I don't have kids in schools anymore. I was thinking about in the media. I'm not claiming it's totally vanished but it's definitely not as prevalent as it was a couple of years ago.
    The contrarian's contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I heard Rush's take on it yesterday, and I think it sounds plausible.

Young people these days need a purpose. They need to feel they are "saving the world" and "making a difference"... and something like Climate Change gives them a target to throw their work and money behind. They've been told through their entire upbringing that it exists, and that it will end the world. They hear their idols tout it, so it must be true... people they believe are credible. They get fake statistics shoved down their gullets by the MMFA/OFA/Vox/HuffPo/MSNBC/Salon/Gawker/Bill Nye's of the world...
    Take away purpose on one had, and try to replace it on the other...with something that makes increased government control of private industry not only acceptable, but necessary. I can buy that.
    Like Harvey Weinstein, but with a broken moral compass.

Page 1 of 280 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast