Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 334 of 335 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 330 331 332 333 334 335 LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3343

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    It is depressing to find how many textbooks mention the Milankovitch Hypothesis as if it's barely worthy of note, then proceed to assert with certainty that climate change is dominated by human activity. It's more depressing to find how many academics (mostly whose command of physics, chemistry, math, and statistics is very limited) accept it without question and preach it to their students as gospel.

It's funny to be called a "science denier" by them when you ask to see the evidence supporting their assertion.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I was talking to a group of middle school kids a couple weeks ago for their STEM project. They are terribly concerned about "climate change." I asked them if they believed in dinosaurs. They said yes. I asked them if the earth was warmer or cooler back then. They said warmer. I asked them if there were any people around. They said no. I asked them in the warm weather was good for the dinosaurs. They said yes. You could actually see the light bulbs begin to turn on.

When presented with actual facts, even children can make logical conclusions. It's amazing to me how many adults are so "open minded" that they've completely closed themselves to all logic and reason.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    I was talking to a group of middle school kids a couple weeks ago for their STEM project. They are terribly concerned about "climate change." I asked them if they believed in dinosaurs. They said yes. I asked them if the earth was warmer or cooler back then. They said warmer. I asked them if there were any people around. They said no. I asked them in the warm weather was good for the dinosaurs. They said yes. You could actually see the light bulbs begin to turn on.

When presented with actual facts, even children can make logical conclusions. It's amazing to me how many adults are so "open minded" that they've completely closed themselves to all logic and reason.
    Some are so open-minded that their brains fell out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    It is depressing to find how many textbooks mention the Milankovitch Hypothesis as if it's barely worthy of note, then proceed to assert with certainty that climate change is dominated by human activity. It's more depressing to find how many academics (mostly whose command of physics, chemistry, math, and statistics is very limited) accept it without question and preach it to their students as gospel.

It's funny to be called a "science denier" by them when you ask to see the evidence supporting their assertion.
    Yep. Our position in the current Milankovitch cycle is with all three components trending towards minima. The predictable destination is generally stable warming due to minimization of variability of insolation and the formation of more ice at northern latitudes (above 65N) due to less average insolation on those areas. There is some uncertainty due to the 'observed' climate variability (via ice cores etc) being generally greater than what is directly attributable to the variation in insolation but the current hysteria has done nothing if not highlight how little we understand about potential feedback mechanisms embedded in the overall climate
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

The Sun matters!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

The Sun matters!

Yes He does. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

I find the whole "science denier" accusation hilarious, because it's usually levied by someone with little to no training in actual science. Meanwhile, some of us have data interpretation and scientific process as our primary JOB.

User Info Menu

Started really paying attention to things climate when I realized Indiana was in my future. That was 2011. So I sought out the work, wisdom and the words of consulting climatologists. The prognostications from some of them from different places around the world were (ah hum) disturbing, not what I wanted to hear, a few fries short of any happy meal I liked. But I dug in to find out why they said such things when to make a living (they are after all consultants) they actually needed to know what they're talking about. One source in particular wasn't a consulting climatologist but an economist / analyst who told the Russian Duma (national congress) in advance why 911 was going to be done and by who.

The gist of what I think I learned has been touched upon some on ingo postings in the past. Now it appears the changes are manifesting. On schedule? Eh, we'll see. The solar output can be anticipated based upon historical data but it is a variable star and God has his hand on the throttle. Also, our understanding of the electromagnetic environment that our planet exists in, the interaction of our magnetic field with the solar generated field, why earthquakes and volcanoes increase during solar output decreases... these things we can see and theorize on but we really do not know the why's of the matters. What I really know is that I'm supposed to be here and to get my greenhouse up and running.

Master

User Info Menu

Nicely summarized:

I hope the Russians trick me into voting for Trump again in 2020!

User Info Menu

It's tough to make accurate predictions when they're based on wholly on some combination of pseudo science, fraud, and wishful thinking.

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!