What i heard on the country radio news this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I got in my car to drive to work this morning and US 99 was on the radio (Chicago’s country station). They were running the news.

It was something like: “Illinois has one of the most unfair tax systems of all the states.”

I was like alright, the people are getting a voice on the radio.

Then she went into: Illinois has what is called a flat tax, a system where everyone pays the same percentage, no matter how much they make.

:facepalm: Then my wife lays into the radio yelling “How is that unfair!” It put her in a bad mood for the rest of the drive.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I own several farms in Illinois and I'm not seeing the flat tax. Maybe it's in place for some people but then it wouldn't be flat! Maybe I'm missing something?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well, your lucky as ag land is some of the least tax land there. We pay around $400/year on 20 acres. They are talking about the state income tax being 5% accross the board. What are you seeing different?

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Being a non resident but still qualifying for state income tax in Illinois I think I'm getting hit a little harder. BTW... Illinois has 3 tax levels for land. Residential, AG and recreational. Recreational is usually scrub land (good for hunting) but a lot of farmers own woodlots along with highly productive AG land. The rec taxes are forcing sales of that type land..... No income from it forces the sale. The peoples republic of Springchcago.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks. I make all my money over there. I have to pay state income there, then I get credit for that bill on the IN state (before it went to 5% there, had to make up the difference to IN), then hit with the IN county tax (they don't have county tax).

Top Bottom