Will the People of Catalonia Have Their Say on Secession?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    When skimming INGO I read this thread title as "Will the people of California Have Their Say on Secession?

I was excited, but only for a brief moment. :laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The the question in the thread title.

I don't understand. You cite an article from 3 days ago. I give you the latest from the Spanish Constitutional Court.

The referendum is dead and so is secession.

The pack of corrupt rats that rule Catalonia will have to find another scapegoat.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I don't understand. You cite an article from 3 days ago. I give you the latest from the Spanish Constitutional Court.

The referendum is dead and so is secession.

The pack of corrupt rats that rule Catalonia will have to find another scapegoat.

Spain rules Catalonia for now. Corrupt rats? Some in Catalonia must think so.

"Dead" for now...maybe.

The question remains.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The question remains.

The question remains what? Moot?

Look, the bloviating, corrupt rats that run Catalonia blamed the problems that they caused on Spain and thought that the people of Catalonia, who they loathe, would follow them with this stupid con job of independence that they tried to run.

It was a political act of desperation. If Catalonia wants to be free (I doubt it, they love their treats there), they will vote out the rats, reject the treats from Madrid and go to school instead of sitting around in bars *****ing about how everyone owes them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look, I know all this nonsense about secession and "nullification" is all hip and cool to talk about after we ride our fixees to the microbrewery and sit around and play with our goofy facial hair, but Scotland was odious and Catalonia one hundred times more.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Of course the Spanish court says no, but Spain stands to lose tax base. Why don't the Catalonians get to have a say? They have their own language and everything. Sure, they'd be a wee little state, but not as wee as Andorra or Luxembourg, plus they have coastline, so they'd be rockin it. What if they just declare their independence, does Spain invade and occupy them? Might be worth finding out. Would the US occupy Indiana if we decided they'd broken the contract and told them to f-off? A lot of us might take exception to that. Why do you hate liberty?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Shall I put you down as a "no" for nullification as well?

Nullification is nonsense pushed by bloviating, dunderheaded politicians who have no fresh ideas and can only reach back to the void ideas of the past.

Why don't the Catalonians get to have a say?

Because it is unconstitutional.

What if they just declare their independence, does Spain invade and occupy them?

The vote would be voided. If they continue then the SCC would hold the rats that govern Catalonia in contempt.

Would the US occupy Indiana if we decided they'd broken the contract and told them to f-off?

Eventually. May just hang the leaders for Treason.

To most, state is valued much more highly than Liberty.

To most with porkpie hats, spouting nonsense about secession beats having to study and learn.

This isn't about Liberty. It is about deflecting blame from the ruling party of Catalonia.

The scum running Catalonia has been on the take for decades. This summer the godfather of Catalonia independence announced that despite all his rubbish talk about "liberty and independence" he was on the take. Pujol was running a fraud on the people and secession was only a political vehicle to distract them from his scandals, which threaten to take Mas with him.

This referendum is disgusting and just shows how people project their own delusions into the actions of others.

Last edited:

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Nullification is nonsense pushed by bloviating, dunderheaded politicians who have no fresh ideas and can only reach back to the void ideas of the past.

I suspected you would view Jefferson and Madison as such...along with the Legislatures of Kentucky and Virginia.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Look, I know all this nonsense about secession and "nullification" is all hip and cool to talk about after we ride our fixees to the microbrewery and sit around and play with our goofy facial hair, but Scotland was odious and Catalonia one hundred times more.

I googled "odious" to make sure it meant what I thought it meant. I was on Merriam-webster.com and there was the definition I was looking for, and right next to that was a banner add for a clothing company with a guy in a hipster suit............with decidedly goofy facial hair.

Coincidence..............or is Kirk much more mysterious and all-knowing than I had considered.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I suspected you would view Jefferson and Madison as such...along with the Legislatures of Kentucky and Virginia.

For the love of L. Neil Smith! Re-read Madison's declaration. Interposition is not nullification.

Give me one reference to nullification of the states in the Constitution. Give me one reference to nullification of the states in the Federalist Papers. Give me one Supreme Court case in support of nullification. I can list a half dozen off the top of my head that killed the nonsense of nullification.

Uneducated, stupid politicians use the void idea of nullification to make the voters, who they despise, dance like puppets on strings. They should be ashamed for their ignorance and temerity.

Top Bottom