• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Voter ID laws are not necessary. It's such a minute problem that the cost outweighs the benefit. It also expands government, so wouldn't that be a no-no anyway?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    As an analogy, I'd have to imagine that if Border Patrol/INS got their budgets slashed to zero and all enforcement ceased, within 6 months, there'd be no "evidence" of an immigration problem, either. Imagine any attempt to quantify, well, anything? "Everybody who is here, raise your hand!" Excellent, no problem.

The "no voter ID" position is basically taking the same failed attitude our nation has toward immigration, and extending it to verification of a person's eligibility to vote. We don't measure it...we don't enforce it...ergo, there's no problem. And we dare anybody to prove there is?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Voter ID laws are not necessary. It's such a minute problem that the cost outweighs the benefit. It also expands government, so wouldn't that be a no-no anyway?

We already have the ID. We already have voter registration. We already have polls. How does checking ID expand government, and how much does this actually cost?

And more importantly, why do you not want to prevent electoral fraud?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Imagine that. A liberal involved in voter fraud. Not that unpredictable. Obama would not be where he is without it.

They will fight voter ID till the end. Amazing thing is I republicans fight against it. Why? We need it in place for fairness. But in all honesty they (Dems) still manage to cheat. We had voter fraud up here in ST Joesph County in the 08 election. There are ways around the system. Even with the Voter ID requirement. But it's a start. And a need!! I see no need not to require it. unless I am a LIB. Which I am not.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    We already have the ID. We already have voter registration. We already have polls. How does checking ID expand government, and how much does this actually cost?

And more importantly, why do you not want to prevent electoral fraud?

Not everyone has an ID, or at least a valid one. Many senior citizens who don't drive don't have them or just never renewed their expired license. We already have voter registration, that's what it's for. Are they going to start asking for fingerprints? How about a retinal scan? That is the expansion of government that I'm worried about, and it is always used politically. I really don't think that either party honestly cares about the crime itself, it's just a ploy to keep Americans out of the polls in fear of losing the election. It's a problem that's so tiny but always overblown. It's statistically a non-issue, no instance of voter fraud has ever been enough to change the outcome of an election, or even come close to putting a dent. I just don't see the point, the government can spend its money and time on more pressing issues. I don't want to not prevent electoral fraud, it is a crime. However like I said it happens so rarely in such small numbers that in the end it makes no difference. Anyone who is guilty of it should be punished.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It doesn't cost me anything to pull my drivers license out of my wallet at the poll.
    Yes, BUT, the person behind you becomes "disenfranchised" because since they got here from me-hi-co, they haven't had time to get their official drivers license from the gubmint, because they were still in line for welfare and medical!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh come on, don't try to bring the elderly into this, MOST of them have, and make sure, they have proper identification. My grandmothers both didn't drive, never even had a license, but they DID have identification, otherwise they couldn't get bank accounts to deposit pension checks and social security checks. Don't try to sell that story, ANY legal citizen has some form of ID. Show me how to get a bank account without ID, or get a social security check deposited without ID.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Wouldn't all seniors have a medicare ID card? As far as little fraud in this country, give me a break! Check out the voting in Cook County, IL when Kennedy beat Nixon.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seem to recall the recount for the Comedian, Al Franken to "win" his seat and tilt the balance of power in the Senate, those voting margins were well down into the weeds, easily small enough for a tiny bit of vote fraud to sway that race, and with it, the entire Senate.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's correct, and Al the court jester Franken won by a margin made up by felons whose votes were counted.

If you don't think you need to prove you're a citizen to vote for the citizens representatives then you might as well just let the parties pick our rulers because a republic we're not. Unless you think we need to be good 'citizens of the world' like Joe Bock running for IN 2nd Cong. Dist.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The DMV gives free IDs to actual citizens. If you don't have an ID, you shouldn't get to vote...period. Can't cash a check, can't sign up for Soc.Sec., can't do jack legally.

I used to live in WI where every member of the Disney franchise and the Loony Tunes cadre got their vote counted...the entire freaking state was disenfranchised by the voter fraud in the cities. The Dems would rent busses to run up from Chicago to Milwaukee offering free drinks and smokes to the itinerates to come up and defraud the elections. The last year I was there the Republicans tried a get out the vote effort and rented a fleet of vans to get people to the poles...the tires of every van were slashed the night before. But no, voter fraud doesn't matter...it's just a little problem.

Either that or it's a huge problem that some people think is just fine because their side wins.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Also, STATE Voter ID LAWS are not really expanding the government now are the? However, federal repression of those laws is. It is expanding welfare, Medicaid, food stamps, EBT cards, free phones, all of the massive nanny state handouts.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Things that are racist if ID is required
    - voting

Things that are not racist if ID is required
    - Applying for credit
    - Applying for a job
    - Buying alcohol
    - Operating a motor vehicle on a public road
    - Public assistance
    - Opening a bank account
    - Applying for a LTCH

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Considering the number of illegal aliens in the country and the tendency for some people to vote multiple times using different names I think some sort of ID should be required. It is not a poll tax to ask someone to verify that they are in fact the registered voter they claim to be.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Considering the number of illegal aliens in the country and the tendency for some people to vote multiple times using different names I think some sort of ID should be required. It is not a poll tax to ask someone to verify that they are in fact the registered voter they claim to be.
    The funny thing is that California requires ID to vote, and unlike Indiana they also charge for the privilege;
    Applying for a New California DMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple
    California ID Card Fees

It will cost you $28 for a:

• Original California ID.
    • CA ID card renewal.
    • Replacement CA ID card (for a lost or stolen card or a name change).
    This ID Card valid for 6 years.
    There is no cost:

• For a senior citizen card if you’re 62 years old or older. This card is valid for 10 years.
    • To change your address.
    • To exchange your driver’s license for a CA ID card if you’re no longer able to drive due to a physical or mental condition. Contact your local CA DMV office for more information.

It must only be a big deal if you live in one of those evil non-liberal states

Top Bottom