• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Chicago is a lost cause. But this will become common in more places before long only because people are putting up with it. The TSA has been running their VIPR clown show on the highway system in several southern States for a couple of years. The only thing they have accomplished is to back up traffic real good on the highway. But there hasn't been any terrorist attacks on the highways so IT MUST BE WORKING, right? My tax dollars at work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do not use mass transit so I really have mixed emotions about this.
    If there is an explosion on a commuter train the other side will rise up in protest that not "Enough" was done to keep the sheeple safe. It is a catch 22

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Terrible these guys are idiots. What if the guy before the number is wearing a turban and yelling im going to blow this up will they still not search him and if so what is the point.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Terrible these guys are idiots. What if the guy before the number is wearing a turban and yelling im going to blow this up will they still not search him and if so what is the point.

[video=youtube;_qLie2058dI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qLie2058dI[/video]

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Rep inbound for Firefly reference. "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only Firefly/Serenity geek around

"Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you."

~ Mal

IMG_20141027_113712_523.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So the hope is that IF there is a terrorist with a bomb, that they will get lucky and pick that person as one of the 10% they screen. This is supposed to make people feel safe? If it does, those people are dumb.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Administrative searches are offensive to any constitutionalist. Just read the appalling reasoning of the activist court that struck down the 4th Amendment in 1966.

The United States Supreme Court addressed administrative searches in Camara v. Municipal Court of City and County of San Francisco.35 Camara, the lessee of a ground floor of apartment building, was charged with violating the city housing code for refusing to permit warrantless inspection of his premises by municipal health and safety inspectors.36 In upholding the administrative and regulatory search, the Court held that the “primary governmental interest at stake is to prevent even the unintentional development of conditions which are hazardous to public health and safety.”37 According to the Camara Court:

[T]he only effective way to seek universal compliance with the minimum standards required by municipal codes is through routine periodic inspections of all structures. It is here that the probable cause debate is focused, for the agency’s decision to conduct an area inspection is unavoidably based on its appraisal of conditions in the area as a whole, not on its knowledge of conditions in each particular building.38

Have you decided to stop hating the constitution and reverse your support of warrantless administrative searches?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like the city machine just picked up a free gift of federal tax money, the chicago way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So the hope is that IF there is a terrorist with a bomb, that they will get lucky and pick that person as one of the 10% they screen. This is supposed to make people feel safe? If it does, those people are dumb.

That is ten percent of the one station that they will randomly pick each day.

There are 145 train stations according to cta facts.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...pTs_Ymzml-P9lWRNw&sig2=ij3qEHAicGsncQz5Y_V4-Q

That's about 0.000689%, we'll just round that up to 0.0007%.

Top Bottom