Marquette University suspends professor for Conservative blog.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thank you Mrs. Pot.

She then accused conservatives of having “certain psychological characteristics,” such as “[d]ogmatism, rigidity and intolerance
 of ambiguity; a need to avoid uncertainty; support for authoritarianism; a heightened sense of threat from others; and a personal need for structure.”

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    MIT sent a professor to the mental hospital for running a liberal twitter feed...

So I take it that INGO will defend professors' First Amendment rights? I don't see why employers, public or private, should control the thoughts of their employees outside of work time. We don't live in communist China.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    MIT sent a professor to the mental hospital for running a liberal twitter feed...

So I take it that INGO will defend professors' First Amendment rights? I don't see why employers, public or private, should control the thoughts of their employees outside of work time. We don't live in communist China.

You are right, we not in communist China, we are in communist America

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I'm sure this is a very condensed, brief synopsis of the story. Are you saying there are no other details to this MIT situation that may have warranted it?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'm sure this is a very condensed, brief synopsis of the story. Are you saying there are no other details to this MIT situation that may have warranted it?

What more do you need? Liberal professors deserve to be in mental hospitals!

We don't live in communist China!!!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I'll defend his rights, I'll also defend his employers rights. With some exceptions if his employer is the govt. But are you sure that MIT sent him to the mental hospital? Other than perhaps his unsubstantiated claims? You might find this an interesting read, that is if this is the professor you are referring to. If not could you provide a link please?
    The Incredible Story of Professor Jackson | National Review Online

I'm sure this is a very condensed, brief synopsis of the story.

You could put it that way. Or you could put it that it is perhaps the rantings of a clinically insane paranoiac.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wisconsin Supreme Court rules that Marquette University wrongly fired a conservative professor, says he should be immediately reinstated.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    OohBurn.gif

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I wonder how the University will handle this, and what reception the Professor can expect when they return.

Top Bottom