• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This probably should be politicized. Barry took grief, from the right, for NOT doing anything to get Bergdahl back, and now he's getting grief for getting him back. Let's not be hypocrites.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    So, this is what the administration traded five dangerous prisoners for?
    Was it really a 'trade', or just a ruse to get some terrorist scumbags back to the battlefield? :dunno:

One low-life deserter 'traded' for 5 senior level terrorists must be the worst trade in American history.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This probably should be politicized. Barry took grief, from the right, for NOT doing anything to get Bergdahl back, and now he's getting grief for getting him back. Let's not be hypocrites.

:scratch: when did that happen? I know he was getting grief for trading 5 terrorists for 1 deserter.... Did I miss it?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So, this is what the administration traded five dangerous prisoners for?
    While I think that the Administration paid too high a price (especially by not taking them out with a drone after the exchange was taken care of) I think that the right thing was done in bringing a soldier home.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was it really a 'trade', or just a ruse to get some terrorist scumbags back to the battlefield? :dunno:

One low-life deserter 'traded' for 5 senior level terrorists must be the worst trade in American history.

I would like to point out, that the Taliban are enemy combatants not terrorists. People seem to keep forgetting that the Taliban was the legal govt of Afghanistan until we supported their ouster. In that sense, and since Bergdahl was the last American held captive, how can we say a prisoner swap is unjustified?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I would like to point out, that the Taliban are enemy combatants not terrorists. People seem to keep forgetting that the Taliban was the legal govt of Afghanistan until we supported their ouster. In that sense, and since Bergdahl was the last American held captive, how can we say a prisoner swap is unjustified?

And they would have remained the legal govt of Afghanistan if they didn't protect Bin Laden. Bergdahl should have been left there because he chose to leave. He was a deserter.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I didn't like the trade terms but bringing him back was the right thing to do. IF found guilty of desertion and even one life was lost because of his actions then I support hanging the sob.

Top Bottom