• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ahhh, hmm, what? Can we take this to a vote?

A perfect storm brews in the Middle East

Here's why Congress & Netanyahu have been cut out of Iran negotiations

B9-cejlIQAEqb-7.png:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe Obama has this right. We should totally let Iran have nuclear capability. They seem like they're led by very rational peace-loving people

B9_ORNfCcAAUy8q.jpg:large

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Geez, this forum is chock full of crappy news today. A nuclear Iran will make the Holocaust, which apparently never really happened, look like minor league workplace violence. The :poop: seems to be accelerating toward the fan.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Geez, this forum is chock full of crappy news today. A nuclear Iran will make the Holocaust, which apparently never really happened, look like minor league workplace violence. The :poop: seems to be accelerating toward the fan.

No no no this is great news.....
    Iran is going to use this for peaceful energy purposes.
    Their entire population will benefit from the cheap, clean energy source and make them nicer people overall.
    It's a win win.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obama committed to denying Iran nuclear weapon

US President Barack Obama is firmly committed to denying Iran a nuclear weapon, Washington's ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power said Monday.

"He will keep his commitment whether the negotiations collapse or produce a diplomatic solution that meets our bottom line," Power told the pro-Israel lobby AIPAC ahead of a speech by visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Words are easy to say

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Nuclear Iran, meh. Not that big of a deal.
    Yes, the President of the United States paving the way for Iran to get a nuclear weapon in a year's time is no big deal. Every country in the Middle East is against this because they understand it would completely upset the balance of power in the region. But, it's just another cas of "Obama Knows Best". If somone would have written this in a book ten years ago it would have been too laughable to publish. Now it is going to be fact. He seems to be doing everything in his power to start a war.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There are some precedents for the idea that a Nuclear-armed World Citizen is a Polite World Citizen. North Korea apparently has nukes and, while not exactly polite, hasn't used them against their sworn enemy/enemies.

Pakistan/India are nuke powers - and arguably are enemies, and neither is a glass parking lot. Yet.

Israel has many enemies and hasn't nuked anyone.

Do I favor a nuclear Iran? Hayl no. Do I believe a nuclear Iran will inevitably be a destabilizing influence? No, not inevitably.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    There are some precedents for the idea that a Nuclear-armed World Citizen is a Polite World Citizen. North Korea apparently has nukes and, while not exactly polite, hasn't used them against their sworn enemy/enemies.

Pakistan/India are nuke powers - and arguably are enemies, and neither is a glass parking lot. Yet.

Israel has many enemies and hasn't nuked anyone.

Do I favor a nuclear Iran? Hayl no. Do I believe a nuclear Iran will inevitably be a destabilizing influence? No, not inevitably.

Exactly.

South Africa never nuked anyone. The Soviets didn't. French, Brits, et al. The only ones who did was us and I agree that we should have rather than fire bombing the whole of Japan and embarking on an amphibious invasion.

Since then the threat of nukes has been sued for all sorts of BS like the Cold War where we wasted trillions of dollars and lost even more of our fading liberties.

Who would like a nuclear Iran? Try the military industrial complex. It's good for business!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't think my mind will ever change on this issue.

IF we can have nukes, THEN they can have nukes!
    IF we can have chemical weapons, THEN they can have chemical weapons!
    IF we can have X, THEN they can have X!

Our arrogance, hubris and ego gets in the way of really negotiating with people. In my thinking ALL governments that are recognized have equal rights, and the right to defend themselves with all of the firepower of any other nation on earth.

But that's just silly ole me...

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

gentlemen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2015
    williamsport
    In Netanyahu's land Iran has been a couple of years from the bomb for over 20 years. By now, if he were ever right, they should have an atomic arsenal to rival Israel's. Even his own intel people say he's wrong. When will the tools in congress ever look to reason?

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/...y-netanyahu-crying-wolf-iranian-nuclear-bomb/

Exactly. As the President said (broken clocks, etc) "Netanyahu made all sorts of claims. This was going to be a terrible deal. This was going to result in Iran getting $50 billion worth of relief. Iran would not abide by the agreement. None of that has come true.

"It has turned out that in fact, during this period we've seen Iran not advance its program. In many ways, it's rolled back elements of its program."

Leaked cables show Netanyahu’s Iran bomb claim was contradicted by his own Mossad for god sakes. In plain English, the man lied.

Remember when he brought out that big cartoon bomb? Here's what Massad cables said in total contradiction of Bibi's claims: " [Iran is] “not performing the activity necessary to produce weapons.”

So that's just spectacular.

Just so I'm clear: the guys mocking Obama's sanctions on Iran: you guys want war, right? If not, what do you want?

I think the amount of people willing to belittle Obama's sanctions without coming out in favor of the only realistic alternative is very telling.

Top Bottom