• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site' | US news | The Guardian

The*Chicago*police department operates an off-the-books interrogation compound, rendering Americans unable to be found by family or attorneys while locked inside what lawyers say is the domestic equivalent of a CIA black site.

The facility, a nondescript warehouse on Chicago’s west side known as Homan Square, has long been the scene of secretive work by special police units. Interviews with local attorneys and one protester who spent the better part of a day shackled in Homan Square describe operations that deny access to basic constitutional rights.

I'd be shocked if this was the only place this was happening.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, sure. Everyone knows if some dipstick conspiracy theory reporter is denied access to a secured facility, it 'automatically' means that facility is the local 'Area 51'. :tinfoil:

Hey, but at least we know if 'Hohman Square' is Chicago's 'Area 51', it's being operated with the full knowledge and approval of loony-left libtard Liar-In-Chief lackey Emanuel. Likely the same Mayor said dipstick conspiracy theory reporter likely voted for! :lmfao:

That's what we call 'ironical'... :n00b:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Except for the fact that the story appeared in The Guardian, which is a British newspaper, so it's highly unlikely the "dipstick conspiracy theory reporter" voted in the Chicago mayoral race.

This is the same British newspaper that has been leading the way in the reporting in the Snowden leaks and the fact that the U.S. government is spying on its citizens.

Perhaps evaluating the story based on the material being reported would be more helpful to the discussion than simply dismissing it as a tin foil hat conspiracy.

A few years ago someone claiming .gov was spying on us would have been dismissed as well, but we now know how that turned out.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am disappointed but not surprised, that our own news organizations do not report on this. Why isn't the ACLU and Ivy League law schools banging on the front door to this facility? When "Net Neutrality" is enacted, stories like this will never see the light of day. Seems George Orwell was an extraordinarily accurate prophet.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I find that to be a bit difficult to believe and if it were real and were known to exist there isn't a media outlet in this country that wouldn't be talking about it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With so many who want to suspend the first amendment to wage war, why would we be surprised that they'd suspend other amendments here?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Given CPD's history of using torture against prisoners and coercing false confessions out of people under their thumbs, I don't have a great deal of trouble believing this is possible.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I find that to be a bit difficult to believe and if it were real and were known to exist there isn't a media outlet in this country that wouldn't be talking about it.
    The popular media are largely parrots. Their success is based on their entertainment value, sound bite ability, etc.

Except for the fact that the story appeared in The Guardian, which is a British newspaper, so it's highly unlikely the "dipstick conspiracy theory reporter" voted in the Chicago mayoral race.

This is the same British newspaper that has been leading the way in the reporting in the Snowden leaks and the fact that the U.S. government is spying on its citizens.

Perhaps evaluating the story based on the material being reported would be more helpful to the discussion than simply dismissing it as a tin foil hat conspiracy.

A few years ago someone claiming .gov was spying on us would have been dismissed as well, but we now know how that turned out.

Yesterday's tinfoil hat is today's headlines.

It could be a lot of exaggerated BS; and it could easily be true.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I would tend to believe they would give it a pass since it's one of their own doing it. Now, if it were a republican administration doing it, then the odds of what you're saying increase dramatically.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I would tend to believe they would give it a pass since it's one of their own doing it. Now, if it were a republican administration doing it, then the odds of what you're saying increase dramatically.
    This is Chicago, Cook County, Illinois we're talking about here. There hasn't been a Republican administration in Chicago since long before I was born. I suppose if any party remains in power long enough, it will tend to corrupt the government it controls, but it's amazing to me that Cook County has been able to survive some of the crazy crap that Democrats have done there. (Of course, it owns the State legislature, so I guess with the rest of the state to subsidize it, it will continue on.)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This is Chicago, Cook County, Illinois we're talking about here. There hasn't been a Republican administration in Chicago since long before I was born. I suppose if any party remains in power long enough, it will tend to corrupt the government it controls, but it's amazing to me that Cook County has been able to survive some of the crazy crap that Democrats have done there. (Of course, it owns the State legislature, so I guess with the rest of the state to subsidize it, it will continue on.)

Exactly.

25 years ago there was a more equal split in Illinois on a statewide basis. "Big Jim" Thompson for example was a popular Illinois governor and the longest-running governor of Illinois. He won a lot of arguments with Cook County democrats, even the infamous Mayor Daley.

Cook County now has 40% of the state residents and more counties like Sangamon (where the state capital is) and some outgrowths of Chicago will vote with them. East St Louis also pitches in for some money and corruption.

A Republican did win the 2014, but the Democrat Quinn had 45% of the vote even though he only led in 1 county.

RaunerWinMap.png

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    An alternate look from a copper's blog.

Second City Cop

Scroll down to the post titled:
    Amnesty International?
    The Disappeared...Hahahaha

The comments are always entertaining. You know what Homan Square is good for? Hiding nearly 1,000 coppers from actual uniformed street duty.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What a poorly hidden "black site." You'd think they would have gotten the memo to keep the fully marked police vehicles out of the lot

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    But, but......
    Chicago has been under the control of caring, feeling, understanding, leaders of the people.
    Maybe the evil GOP was actually doing this under the table and none of the wonderful majors have been aware.

Top Bottom