Why is INGO not talking about DHS funding?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Congress barely meets DHS deadline - CNN.com

I thought INGO would be all over this fight over DHS funding, but so far I've seen nothing.

It's got all the hot button elements INGO loves to talk about: gridlocked congress, funding for a bloated .gov dept, stopping the president's executive order on immigration....

Personally I'd like to see DHS shut down for good, but what say you guys and gals?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm such a cynic anymore with anything related to this .gov

my initial reaction to the mall of America threat by Al-shabab was how convenient this threat comes out while DHS is trying to get funding. They're already in our airports and roadways with VIPR teams and now they want go full nazi in retail establishments. Shut em down!

i also found it a bit amusing that so many pro 2A team republicans were screaming on the news and interwebz about getting DHS funded when this same group thinks if you're a gun owner and have a small food store and have spoken out about the government you could be a domestic terrorist. Yeah, that's most pro 2A republicans. DHS thinks you have the potential to be a terrorist and you want to fund them?

And who is the number one threat according to the DHS and DOJ? "Right wing extremist" or sovereign citizens. Two ways to look at that. On the one hand, is the DHS so tone deaf that they don't recognize the threat ISIS is to our nation? On the other hand they're not stupid and realize that the threat of ISIS is more about keeping the general public scared so they feel they need the .gov to protect them.

bottom line for me, I'd prefer the whole DHS to be eliminated and replaced with nothing.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    DHS is a useless organization. The sooner these SS scum are closed for good the better. They have not stopped ONE terrorist all they have done is violate the Constitution.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I was never in favor of starting up a DHS after 9/11

All their functions could have been done by the FBI and U.S. Marshals. It just started another department that sounded like the Brown Shirts to me.
    TSA should be private and run by the airports/airlines
    border security should be run by the border states with subsidies from the Feds.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hopefully we can encourage our elected representatives to grow some balls and do what they were elected for. Stop the illegal actions of this rogue president.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's just another part of the big dc corruption/management machine that's never going to end.

Watching the bloated hulk driving around in his black DHS H2 at the Friendship Shoot a few years ago summed up the agency to me in one example. Peering at all of us ordinary folks from behind his Oakleys with an expression mixed with suspicion and contempt. The waste, the attitude, the ineptness, all of an organization in search of power, money, and mission.:twocents:

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    DHS is a useless organization. The sooner these SS scum are closed for good the better. They have not stopped ONE terrorist all they have done is violate the Constitution.

I flew to Minnesota this past week for business with a layover in Kansas City. I fly southwest. When it was time to line up for boarding, I'm A12. As I was walking up I noticed a six foot brown table, two TSA officials and 3 uniformed police officers standing by the gate. I spotted a trash can next to the table so I walked over, finished my lemonade and tried my best to eaves drop on their conversation. They weren't talking about anything important. So, I went and got in line.

One Of the TSA guys walks over and stands right next to me and says to no one in particular, "ok, who is my lucky winner....uh....you sir, come with me now." as he was pointing to a 40 something chubby white guy with a backpack. He immediately complies and sheepishly said "What is this about sir?" clearly nervous. The TSA smiles and says "oh nothing sir, we are just doing an additional random screening due to...." I couldn't hear the rest as he was walking away.

They dumped the contents of his pack on the table and sorted through them. The Southwest attendant came over the loud speaker and announced an additional security screening and asked for cooperation so we could get out on time. They patted him down. The police officers just stood there. They didn't do or say anything. Once satisfied he was not a threat they let him board and pulled a 50 something white lady who was carrying a purse from the B group. Same routine, dumped the contents of her purse and patted her down. Boarding begins as she's putting her stuff back in her purse. She ends getting right behind me and was just tickled. She got to board 30 or so seats faster than she would have and she "...feel safer knowing that the government is doing everything they can to protect me." I scoffed, shook me my head and just said "baaaaa". A couple people laughed, she looked at me like I was nuts and had no idea what I was doing.

I only bring this up because I found it an interesting microcosm of our relationship with our government. The first guy was nervous and clearly intimidated and embarrassed which was the whole point of the exercise. In line, there was a lot of tough talk when the first guy was taken away. Lots of "I would've refused" or "they're lucky they didn't pick me" etc.... But we all know that most of those guys would've complied with little fuss.

And then you have the sheep who feel better and safer having them there violating random people's privacy including her own. And what did I do? Nothing but baaaa at some brain washed lady for chuckles and complain about the process on the Southwest survey I received. Not that's theres really anything I could do but complain and that matters nothing to politicians running this country.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    If you're generous, you could chalk it up to unintended consequences of good intentions. I see at as safe political showmanship knowing there's no way the DHS is going away.

Just like how they let the government shut down a while back? That's not political showmanship, it's a look at how abysmally stupid our elected officials are. Good intentions are an unacceptable excuse.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just like how they let the government shut down a while back? That's not political showmanship, it's a look at how abysmally stupid our elected officials are.

I remember when that happened. The world froze and I didn't know what to do with myself. I was freaked out the whole time and just locked up. :nailbite: I hope that never happens again, oh the hugemanatee.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I thought the great irony was the same people that created the DHS now voted to defund it 13 years later.

not voting to defund DHS (as much as I would like that) just to deny any funds for the Presidents memo on deportations and work permits. The vast majority of DHS is fully funded and increased in line with budgeting.

Like paying for your house but not unlocking the back door.
    Some people will call you racist for not unlocking it and claim that your not paying your mortgage due to the back door.

And fundraise off it.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, the irony is that two things in the bill are in direct conflict. Homeland security can not be achieved with millions of illegals here.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    No, the irony is that two things in the bill are in direct conflict. Homeland security can not be achieved with millions of illegals here.

Homeland security is not what the dept. of homeland security is for. The affordable care act is not about affordable care.
    the names of bills, legislation, and departments have very little if anything to do with what they are actually for.
    outside of the dept. of weights and measures they are mostly about controlling the population. And I'm not real sure about them :):

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Homeland security is not what the dept. of homeland security is for. The affordable care act is not about affordable care.
    the names of bills, legislation, and departments have very little if anything to do with what they are actually for.
    outside of the dept. of weights and measures they are mostly about controlling the population. And I'm not real sure about them :):

like The Patriot Act

Top Bottom