• ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Great comments...

One that stuck with me:
    I love that when the NRA is mentioned in the media they are a "powerful pressure group" for supporting the pro-gun ideals. But any other groups who are anti-gun, including all of Bloomberg's groups, are not "pressure groups", but are "supporters of common sense solutions".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's an op/ed piece. A-J doesn't usually take a stance on issues, but they do run op/eds that some folks don't like, (including me, every so often). They're still one of the best news agencies for news about the ME that's out there. As for AmmoMan's assertion, if they were pro-ISIS it would show in their articles, it doesn't. It shows exactly the opposite.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It's an op/ed piece. A-J doesn't usually take a stance on issues, but they do run op/eds that some folks don't like, (including me, every so often). They're still one of the best news agencies for news about the ME that's out there. As for AmmoMan's assertion, if they were pro-ISIS it would show in their articles, it doesn't. It shows exactly the opposite.

OK, I read the fine print at the bottom of the article and the dofus author is an American.

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Did he ask the Iraqis that had their guns taken by the Iraqi security force? The same security force that ran away when ISIS showed up? That left those non-muslims unarmed in the face of ISIS?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Based on what? AJ is based out of Qatar, which is our ally, recognizes and does business with Israel, etc.

Saudi Arabia is our ally and does business with Israel too, but that doesn't stop a large portion of their population from supporting and funding Al-Qaeda. Yemen was an allied country, but they still have a huge problem within. Qatar would be in the same boat were it not for the oil money providing stability. Bottom line though is that whenever someone wants to disarm a populace, it is because they intend to do harm to that populace. In this instance, it was an American who thinks he is going to be one of the ones in charge in the new order. When a foreigner advocates for disarming the civilian population of another country, there is an ulterior motive - as stated in another post above, I didn't read the fine print and mistakenly assumed someone in the ME was writing the article when I made the comment you quoted.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone care to write a pro-NRA response and submit it to Al Jazeera? Kirk?

Well, there is precedent for me shooting back.

But if you read the editorial it is nothing but a re-write of the drivel in the East Coat Eloi newspapers. Confusing the NRA with the NSSF. Pretending the world market has no impact on the price of ammunition and imports to the American consumer. Pretending the camel's nose (pun intended) is not there.

They want us to blow out the candle and eat the bag of figs.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Reply piece? Sure, here you go:

To the writer of the anti-NRA editorial:
    Go pound sand. You should be able to find it in plenty of places OUTSIDE America, which is clearly where you prefer to be. Bon voyage.

ETA: I didn't go to A-J's site and don't intend to do so. I don't go to Klan rallies, "American" Nazi Party meetings, Communist Party meetings, either. They are welcome to their opinions. I do not care to share them or even hear them.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    From the article: "Governments simply don’t know when guns are being sold, where they’re going or how they’re going to be used."

Is that information any of the .gov's business?

Top Bottom