• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I feel the same way I did with the issue of women serving on the frontlines. If they can do the job then why not?

Troops are forced to trust strangers with their lives, why should trusting women or transgender be any different? I know in this overly PC world we live in, nothing is that simple, but this really should be that simple.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have mixed feelings about this ..... If the "operation is COMPLETE, then the "finished product", goes with the "like" kind....

However, when you are "half done", then what happens..... I really don't want to see 44d's, with twig and berries in the shower,

and I am sure the ladies feel the same way .....

I also am against the Mil., PAYING for the "change"....

What YOU, enlist as, YOU ARE ..... don't put 10 years in, and then request the operation, and expect me to pay for it .....

This is probably all I'd better say .....

Ret., DAV

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I would agree the military shouldn't pay for the operation, but let's be honest here, we're all human and troops see way worse things than an individual with both "parts". Maybe I'm just not that sensitive YMMV.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [requisite offensive remark]

As far as I could tell, it seemed like the "transgender ban" was dismantled about 25 years ago...at least it was pretty difficult to get an idea of what was going on with some people who identified as "women".

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you don't care about morale or unit cohesion it's easy. If your position is social change and not combat effectiveness so what?

They will eventually lower the standards so that whatever it is it gets to be represented on the front line. Our military will suffer deaths because of it.

It should make construction projects easier. Since the 'genders' no longer matter, one community shower for everyone. Because if I have to strip down and shower with 'something' that thinks I'm a chick then I want to shower with the actual chicks.

All I can say is I'm glad I had my career when I did. I certainly would have a hard time recommending it to someone now.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Tax payers will foot the bill for the extra health and physiology requirements, how does everyone feel about that?

It is a symptom of the DoD being the department of everything but defense. They are now the Department of Social Engineering, Green Energy, 3rd world Outreach, whatever the color of the day is in DC. They get to force it on the troops and make us all pay for it because 'Defense!'. So much money is being wasted on non-defense stuff that we can't buy they real defense things we need when you scratch below the surface of major acquisition programs.

Don't like it a bit to answer your question.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have mixed feelings about this ..... If the "operation is COMPLETE, then the "finished product", goes with the "like" kind....
    It's never "finished". You can't change the genes. No matter what surgery, what make-up, what hormones, the genes don't lie. And since they still think you are who you really are, you have to constantly counter the bodies natural state with hormones. The hormones treatments don't really stop.

Am I the only one that thinks, "XY == man, XX == woman. Case closed."? I guess I just see past the exterior.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's never "finished". You can't change the genes. No matter what surgery, what make-up, what hormones, the genes don't lie. And since they still think you are who you really are, you have to constantly counter the bodies natural state with hormones. The hormones treatments don't really stop.

Am I the only one that thinks, "XY == man, XX == woman. Case closed."? I guess I just see past the exterior.
    You must ignore all the science gobbledygook... it is about making people feel good.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You must ignore all the science gobbledygook... it is about making people feel good.

Well, it's about making some selected people feel good. Actually I think the policy is intended to make most people feel uncomfortable just because they can...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

You are, as many do, confusing sex and gender. If you are talking about sex then yes, XY/man XX/woman is correct. But gender, which applies to masculinity/femininity is a sliding scale. Some individuals will be more to the masculine side and others more to the feminine. This type of stuff likely occurs in the womb, before the sex hormones have decided what sex a person will be, (we all start out physically as women. That's why men have nipples). I have no doubt that some people are going to ID as feminine and some as masculine, due to early exposure to one sex hormone or the other in the womb. It's not hard to comprehend. It's just hard for some people to accept.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm really starting to feel like this particular group wants to shove themselves in places where people don't want them, just because people don't want them there.

Yes, I do see what I did there.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are, as many do, confusing sex and gender. If you are talking about sex then yes, XY/man XX/woman is correct. But gender, which applies to masculinity/femininity is a sliding scale. Some individuals will be more to the masculine side and others more to the feminine. This type of stuff likely occurs in the womb, before the sex hormones have decided what sex a person will be, (we all start out physically as women. That's why men have nipples). I have no doubt that some people are going to ID as feminine and some as masculine, due to early exposure to one sex hormone or the other in the womb. It's not hard to comprehend. It's just hard for some people to accept.

Ah, I see you're well versed in feminist theory.

Top Bottom